picture and fax viewer opens wrong thumbnail...

c.forrest

Something really weird is going on with my picture and fax viewer. I
have a folder containing a bunch of photos. If i open the folder i can
see all the thumbnails ok, however when i click on some of the
thumbnails they open the wrong image in 'picture and fax viewer'. The
title bar in the viewer says it is displaying the file name that i
tried to open, but the displayed image is not the one shown in the
thumbnail. i have noted down what thumbnail is opening which image and
can find no logic in what is happening. For example, in some cases
thumbnail file name AA009 opens the actual image file B12, whilst
clicking thumbnail B12 will open actual file AA009. But then again I
also have a block of 10 contiguously numbered files b10 - b19 for
which if i click b19 thumbnail i get b18 image, and if i click b18
thumbnail i get b17 image and so on......
Anyone have any clue as to what on earth is going on???

Set the system to view hidden files"
start/run, type: CONTROL FOLDERS

You will note a file named 'Thumbs.DB' in the folder in question. Delete it,
and reopen the folder.

c.forrest

Set the system to view hidden files"
start/run, type: CONTROL FOLDERS

You will note a file named 'Thumbs.DB' in the folder in question. Delete it,
and reopen the folder.

Nope, that's not the problem. Allready checked only files in this
folder are image files - all are jpeg format with the exception of two
BMP's, I already tried removing them to see if they were confusing the
issue, but no change...

I would do error checking on the drive (rightclick the drive icon in my
computer, Properties, tools tab, error checking.)

c.forrest

Nope, that's not the problem. Allready checked only files in this
folder are image files - all are jpeg format with the exception of two
BMP's, I already tried removing them to see if they were confusing the
issue, but no change...

ok, I've got it sorted now I think.....
In Folder Options>View just above the show hidden files option there
is a check box for 'Do not cache thumbnails' I checked this, closed
folder and reopened and its now behaving as it should

Joined
Sep 9, 2015
Messages
3
Reaction score
1

--
Was this post helpful to you? Voting helps others who use the web interface.
Mark L. Ferguson

"(e-mail address removed)" wrote:

> Something really weird is going on with my picture and fax viewer. I
> have a folder containing a bunch of photos. If i open the folder i can
> see all the thumbnails ok, however when i click on some of the
> thumbnails they open the wrong image in 'picture and fax viewer'. The
> title bar in the viewer says it is displaying the file name that i
> tried to open, but the displayed image is not the one shown in the
> thumbnail. i have noted down what thumbnail is opening which image and
> can find no logic in what is happening. For example, in some cases
> thumbnail file name AA009 opens the actual image file B12, whilst
> clicking thumbnail B12 will open actual file AA009. But then again I
> also have a block of 10 contiguously numbered files b10 - b19 for
> which if i click b19 thumbnail i get b18 image, and if i click b18
> thumbnail i get b17 image and so on......
> Anyone have any clue as to what on earth is going on???

Worked for me - thank you