PDA w/ActiveSync

I have a situation where right after a reboot, when I drop my PDA into the
cradle I get the Windows "de-doop" audible for a USB device being found and
the ActiveSynch "bling" chime letting me know it found it as well. If I
return later, generally the next day, and drop my PDA into the cradle, I get
the Windows "de-doop" audible, but no Active-Synch "bling" chime and no
device found in ActiveSync either. The system is left on overnight and there
are no other system issues at this point.

Obviously a reboot cures the problem, but this is not a suitable workaround.

To alleviate any hoop jumping, here are the stats:

WindowsXP SP2 w/ latest updates via WSUS on our domain network,
Latest ActiveSync 4.x

Helen Li[MSFT]

Hello,

Thanks for posting here.

From the problem description of the post you submitted, my understanding
is: Sometimes when dropping PDA into cradle, you received Windows "de-doop"
audible but no Active-Synch "bling" chime apart from that the device does
not appear in ActiveSync. If I have misunderstood your problem, please let
me know.

Please note that ActiveSync issue is not supported in partner manager
newsgroup now so we recommend you to consider the following resources and
hope they can help you out:

1. The manufacturer of the ActiveSync, which is the first point of contact
for warranty support.

2. Public newsgroups for peer experiences and recommendations:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q171164&SD=MSKB&
OLEXP: How to Configure Outlook Express for Internet News (171164)

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is so you will get the
most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the
newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your
interaction with us.

Thanks for your understanding. If there is any help I can provide, please
feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Helen Li

Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: =?Utf-8?B?RGFuIERhdmlz?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: PDA w/ActiveSync
| Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:38:03 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
|
| I have a situation where right after a reboot, when I drop my PDA into
the
| cradle I get the Windows "de-doop" audible for a USB device being found
and
| the ActiveSynch "bling" chime letting me know it found it as well. If I
| return later, generally the next day, and drop my PDA into the cradle, I
get
| the Windows "de-doop" audible, but no Active-Synch "bling" chime and no
| device found in ActiveSync either. The system is left on overnight and
there
| are no other system issues at this point.
|
| Obviously a reboot cures the problem, but this is not a suitable
workaround.

| To alleviate any hoop jumping, here are the stats:
|
| WindowsXP SP2 w/ latest updates via WSUS on our domain network,
| Latest ActiveSync 4.x

Thanks for your reply. Because I generally use the browser for reading the
MS public news groups, I did not notice microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync
until after I had made this post. I also finally found
http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/activesync/default.mspx

"Helen Li[MSFT]" said:
Hello,

Thanks for posting here.

From the problem description of the post you submitted, my understanding
is: Sometimes when dropping PDA into cradle, you received Windows "de-doop"
audible but no Active-Synch "bling" chime apart from that the device does
not appear in ActiveSync. If I have misunderstood your problem, please let
me know.

Please note that ActiveSync issue is not supported in partner manager
newsgroup now so we recommend you to consider the following resources and
hope they can help you out:

1. The manufacturer of the ActiveSync, which is the first point of contact
for warranty support.

2. Public newsgroups for peer experiences and recommendations:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q171164&SD=MSKB&
OLEXP: How to Configure Outlook Express for Internet News (171164)

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is so you will get the
most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the
newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your
interaction with us.

Thanks for your understanding. If there is any help I can provide, please
feel free to let me know.

Regards,

Helen Li

Microsoft Online Partner Support

| From: =?Utf-8?B?RGFuIERhdmlz?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: PDA w/ActiveSync
| Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:38:03 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
|
| I have a situation where right after a reboot, when I drop my PDA into
the
| cradle I get the Windows "de-doop" audible for a USB device being found
and
| the ActiveSynch "bling" chime letting me know it found it as well. If I
| return later, generally the next day, and drop my PDA into the cradle, I
get
| the Windows "de-doop" audible, but no Active-Synch "bling" chime and no
| device found in ActiveSync either. The system is left on overnight and
there
| are no other system issues at this point.
|
| Obviously a reboot cures the problem, but this is not a suitable
workaround.

| To alleviate any hoop jumping, here are the stats:
|
| WindowsXP SP2 w/ latest updates via WSUS on our domain network,
| Latest ActiveSync 4.x

Helen Li[MSFT]

Hello,

Many thanks for your reply!

Hope the issue can be resolved as soon as possible.

Have a nice day!

Best regards,

Helen Li
Microsoft Online Partner Support

PLEASE NOTE: The partner managed newsgroups are provided to assist with
break/fix issues and simple how to questions.

We also love to hear your product feedback!
Let us know what you think by posting
from the web interface: Partner Feedback
from your newsreader: microsoft.private.directaccess.partnerfeedback.
We look forward to hearing from you!
that others may learn and benefit from this issue.

| From: =?Utf-8?B?RGFuIERhdmlz?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: PDA w/ActiveSync
| Date: Fri, 23 Mar 2007 10:47:13 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
|
| Thanks for your reply. Because I generally use the browser for reading
the
| MS public news groups, I did not notice
microsoft.public.pocketpc.activesync
| until after I had made this post. I also finally found
| http://www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile/activesync/default.mspx
|

| ""Helen Li[MSFT]"" wrote:
|
| > Hello,
| >
| > Thanks for posting here.
| >
| > From the problem description of the post you submitted, my
understanding
| > is: Sometimes when dropping PDA into cradle, you received Windows
"de-doop"
| > audible but no Active-Synch "bling" chime apart from that the device
does
| > not appear in ActiveSync. If I have misunderstood your problem, please
let
| > me know.
| >
| > Please note that ActiveSync issue is not supported in partner manager
| > newsgroup now so we recommend you to consider the following resources
and
| > hope they can help you out:
| >
| > 1. The manufacturer of the ActiveSync, which is the first point of
contact
| > for warranty support.
| >
| > 2. Public newsgroups for peer experiences and recommendations:
| > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q171164&SD=MSKB&
| > OLEXP: How to Configure Outlook Express for Internet News (171164)
| >
| > The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is so you will get
the
| > most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the
| > newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from
your
| > interaction with us.
| >
| > Thanks for your understanding. If there is any help I can provide,
please
| > feel free to let me know.
| >
| > Regards,
| >
| > Helen Li
| >
| > Microsoft Online Partner Support
| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > ====================================================
rights.

| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?RGFuIERhdmlz?= <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: PDA w/ActiveSync
| > | Date: Thu, 22 Mar 2007 16:38:03 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general
| > |
| > | I have a situation where right after a reboot, when I drop my PDA
into
| > the
| > | cradle I get the Windows "de-doop" audible for a USB device being
found
| > and
| > | the ActiveSynch "bling" chime letting me know it found it as well.
If I
| > | return later, generally the next day, and drop my PDA into the
cradle, I
| > get
| > | the Windows "de-doop" audible, but no Active-Synch "bling" chime and
no
| > | device found in ActiveSync either. The system is left on overnight
and
| > there
| > | are no other system issues at this point.
| > |
| > | Obviously a reboot cures the problem, but this is not a suitable
| > workaround.
| > |
| > | To alleviate any hoop jumping, here are the stats:
| > |
| > | WindowsXP SP2 w/ latest updates via WSUS on our domain network,
| > | Latest ActiveSync 4.x
| > |
| > |
| > |
| > |

> [...]

into
| > the
| > | cradle I get the Windows "de-doop" audible for a USB device being
found
| > and
| > | the ActiveSynch "bling" chime letting me know it found it as well.
If I
| > | return later, generally the next day, and drop my PDA into the
cradle, I
| > get
| > | the Windows "de-doop" audible, but no Active-Synch "bling" chime and
no
| > | device found in ActiveSync either. The system is left on overnight
and
| > there
| > | are no other system issues at this point.
| > |
| > | Obviously a reboot cures the problem, but this is not a suitable
| > |
| > | To alleviate any hoop jumping, here are the stats:
| > |
| > | WindowsXP SP2 w/ latest updates via WSUS on our domain network,
| > | Latest ActiveSync 4.x
| > |
| > |
| > |