Cannot Sync Samsung Phone with PDA to Palm Desktop with Vista

David DeFrain

From: "David DeFrain" <[email protected]>
Subject: Cannot Sync Samsung Phone with PDA to Palm Desktop with Vista
Date: Wednesday, April 25, 2007 10:14 PM

I have an older Samsung phone (an SPH I330) with a built in PDA using Palm
OS. I've synched it with XP for years. It installs in a cradle and has a
USB connection to the PC.

I got a new computer with Vista, and this phone will not sync. In Vista's
Device Manager, there is an entry for "Palm OS Handheld Devices," with a sub
entry for a "Samsung Handheld," so it looks like there is some recognition
of the device/cradle. Does anybody have an idea of what I should try to do?
I've looked for new drivers to no avail.

Thanks in advance.

Dave DeFrain

David DeFrain

Yes, I did install WMDC but I can't get my phone to connect. I think my
phone is a little too old for this application. I'm really stumped at this
point.

Thanks for the reply.

lbatz

Yes, I did install WMDC but I can't get my phone to connect. I think my
phone is a little too old for this application. I'm really stumped at this
point.

Thanks for the reply.

I believe your Phone is a Palm OS device and Windows Mobile Device
Center only works with Windows Mobile devices (2003 Pocket PC OS and
above).

For your phone, you will need to use Palm Desktop with Hotsync to sync
your Palm OS phone in Vista, given some existing known
incompatibilities. You can find more information about Vista and Palm
Desktop/Hotsync at:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/windowsvista/index.html#palmdesktop

Larry