Pctv Usb2

Reaction score
hi

i have a Pinnacle PCTV USB2 - you can watch tv / compostite in / S-Video in fine.

but when you come to reccord it, the after 10 secconds it will say it is reccording, the mouse will go dead, and nothing will work (Ctrl, alt & delete won't work) you can't see whats happerning on the screen, just hear!

then you use the remote to stop the recording, and 30 secconds later it will stop reccording. now the PC is back to normal, everything works!

but, when you play the movie, i reccorded for 2 mins, it lasts 20 secconds, but everything is there! it has speeded it up so much! but the sound is at normal speed - the movie is very jumpy, not smooth.

I need urgent help, because i need this movie on DVD by tomorrow.

please help.

KGB

Last edited:

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Try changing the codec you are using, you might be encoding at too high a bit rate and the CPU usuage is at 100%+. It sounds like this as it takes a while to respond.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
OK, it basically means that your computer is fully loaded and is having difficulty recording the information to your hard disk because it requires too much power. Video encoding uses up lots of your processing power, so you need to reduce the quality it does it at.

Have you got any options when you select the file type to save?

Reaction score
yeah,

MPEG
MPEG-2 etc...

it was working fine yesterday on high power, i need it as high as it gets because i want to put the DVD on a 42" screen, so it needs to be big...

Reaction score
Your right, it works fine on low quality, any suggestions of how i can use high quality?

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Other than getting a faster CPU ;) I'd try using DivX or playing about with some of the other options available that could effect bit-rate. I'm not an expert, but a little play around should yield some results :)

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
DivX is a free video compression system, www.divx.com. You can download the codec that will enable you to play and encode (make) files of your own. It can compress video to very high quality in very small files :)

Reaction score
I have downloaded and installed it, all it lets me do is play the movie, not do anything with it.

i may have downloaded the wrong file, so please tell me which one you ment.

Thanks, KGB

Ask a Question