PCMCIA adapter for Secure Digital (SD) card not recognized by windows xp home edition

G

I am having toruble with installing a PCMCIA card which is an adapter for Secure Digital (SD) cards. I have notebook from averatec with windows XP home edition(HE). Somehow, windows XP HE was able to recognize the card and to install the Standard ISDE/Atapi driver needed to access the memory card. It added the card as a new drive with the next letter available. I was able to see the contents of the memory card. However, next time I plugged the PCMCIA card with the SD memory card within it, it failed to recognize it. Windows has not been able to recognize it ever since. Everytime that I insert the PCMCIA card with the embedded SD memory card, windows comes up with an unknown PCMCIA device notice. Irefuses to recognize and install the proper drivers as it did the first time

Can anyone help

P

Pavel A.

May be either your adapter, or SD card or PCMCIA slot got fried :(
Test accordingly: first, another good card in your machine (low risk to damage
it),
then your adapter in other machine (higher risk of damaging).

--PA

Emerson said:
I am having toruble with installing a PCMCIA card which is an adapter for Secure
Digital (SD) cards. I have notebook from averatec with windows XP home
edition(HE). Somehow, windows XP HE was able to recognize the card and to install
the Standard ISDE/Atapi driver needed to access the memory card. It added the card
as a new drive with the next letter available. I was able to see the contents of
the memory card. However, next time I plugged the PCMCIA card with the SD memory
card within it, it failed to recognize it. Windows has not been able to recognize
it ever since. Everytime that I insert the PCMCIA card with the embedded SD memory
card, windows comes up with an unknown PCMCIA device notice. Irefuses to recognize
and install the proper drivers as it did the first time.

Ask a Question