pc, xbox 360 or wait for the PS3?

Reaction score
Wth the new xbox360 coming surely pc gaming will plummet! i've got to make my mind up here... new pc or xbox360 for half the price!!! ... im sure il get both eventually ... but the other one will be alongggg tym away sadly :(

just take a look at this ! http://members.cox.net/bfonjga/BrumakCanyon_1280.jpg that looks AMAZING! alot nicer looking to any pc game i've seen... i'm confused as pc and xbox360 both have there advantages...

i'm sure many people here will back the pc ... but as much as i love pc gaming i only like them atm for first person shooting and i have to get into world of warcraft and fpg's, but any sort of controller isn't anything compared to a mouse for easibility on games e.g the sims or W O W even counter strike and HL2 ...

then again a controller is much better for sport games and racing ...

what y'all think ???

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
you could always get a PC and a gaming pad like the PS2 controllers

Reaction score
i will probably get a pc... but looking at the graphics on the xbox360.... wow! lol

and consoles... u can play against ya mates and all on the comfort of your sofa and not your desk :p ... well i've been saving me money for some time now ... i don't think i can wait untill november anyways :p lol... i can always get it for x-mas i spose :p ... but do you think pc gaming will become less popular and more pc gamers will go to the xbox or PS3 ?

Me__2001

Internet Junkie
Reaction score
you dont have to sit at a desk you can use the video out on your graphics card and use your TV and sit on the sofa, also you can use the net to play some games against your mates or get two controllers

PC gaming will be just as popular, but alot of people have a PS2, xbox etc so they can play the games that dont come out on PC

Reaction score
well not sure ... but thats what it's capable of if ya get me lol...

i'll think il stick with the computer :p...lol just wanted to see what your opinions were :) ... when i get ma computer il suppose il be asking you guys how to set up the tv out :p

any other opinions on the xbox and future gen consoles ?

Reaction score
G~MAN said:
Wth the new xbox360 coming surely pc gaming will plummet! i've got to make my mind up here... new pc or xbox360 for half the price!!! ... im sure il get both eventually ... but the other one will be alongggg tym away sadly :(

just what y'all think ???

well none of them

get yourself an xbox
an original xbox
u wont go wrong its a great buy! :)

no need to spend lots of money

Reaction score
You know, every time a next generation console comes out, people say this is the end of PC gaming. (It never is, PC hardware just passes up the consoles in like 6 months) This time really might be different. These consoles can play on the internet, play music,dvds etc..... They ARE computers. Now this is the one that scares me. Go to your local game store. The PC game section has shrunk to nothing. I love my Half Life, I play World of Warcraft, but I wonder if PC gaming is really in trouble this time.

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
Darn it! I was all set to buy an Xbox today, and now I'm having doubts... to wait or not to wait, that is the question :confused:

Reaction score
Xbox 360

Can't wait for an actual gameshot!

However for me Xbox's etc are the ideal back from the pub with a kebab situation. How many people though think wow great console graphics, then plumb it in to a crap telly with crappy resolutions etc. Not for the true gamers me thinks. Controllers very rarely compare to keyboard and mouse. How many have us have played a game crouched in their seat hiding around a corner or behind a tree in a game,finger hovering over the mouse button. To me thats true tension. Try doing that on a controller 10 ft away from the telly. True sitting on sofa maybe more comfortable. The company who can make a keyboard, mouse friendly chair will surely be minting it!

I like the fact that with PC games you can tweak the settings, find new areas, design mods etc. Also the communities around games really do complete the whole gaming experience.

In short stick with PC's. Although you may have upgrade hassles this I think is a sign of a true hobby in the old fashioned sense. We may not realise it but if you stand next to two people arguing about their Radeons and fill rate you would think they are geeks. So what it makes us happy. We actually think and interact with others and our computers. Consoles are indicative of this instant dumb it down society we live in, plug it in, play it and thats it. No in depth thought of how it works what's going on under the bonnet etc.

Here endeth the discussion!

Reaction score
Sexy Bex said:
Darn it! I was all set to buy an Xbox today, and now I'm having doubts... to wait or not to wait, that is the question :confused:

yes wait for the new xbox but in the mean time

get the old xbox!

pick up a second hand one for £70

trust me u cant go wrong with an xbox
the gamin is amazing!

its great gameplay!

and the media capabilities amazing!

Reaction score
sexy bex.. u may aswell wait... the prices on the original xbox will go down loads! :)

and i already have a ps2 psd... so no need for a xbox :p ... honestly i think a pc will be better for now anyways! this is what i have saved for so it will be what i buy :)... get the new xbox when ps3 comes out so i can see which is better :p

so i'm with the pc atm! just a bit more £££ but owell... worth it :)

Becky

Webmistress
Reaction score
The way I see it is that I can buy a new Xbox for £114.99 including an extra controller and a game, making the cost of the console around £80... assuming the price will fall to no lower than £40 when Xbox 360 comes out (Winter 2005), I am effectively paying only £40 to have it all that time while I'm waiting! :D

Reaction score
I feel some of the latest PC graphics hardware will compete with the next gen consoles, we just need the software to fully utilise them, the age old story really

The new x-box looks nice though!

Reaction score
may i say... the demo's SONY were using at E3 were from a computer using a simular set up to what is going to be the PS3 :)

Quadophile

Hon. Acoustical Engineer
Reaction score
Sexy Bex said:
The way I see it is that I can buy a new Xbox for £114.99 including an extra controller and a game, making the cost of the console around £80... assuming the price will fall to no lower than £40 when Xbox 360 comes out (Winter 2005), I am effectively paying only £40 to have it all that time while I'm waiting! :D

With that kind of calculation, if I were you I would not hesitate to get one :)

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Have you guys seen the tech demo of Killzone 2 (or 3?) for PS3?
that is a bunch of rubbish! my freind works at EB games so i got to see a high res video of it since his friend went to E3
and i have to say it looks good, but it doesnt look like in game game play. in fact this was when Nvidia said they havent even made the graphic chipset for it! ... of course if it is... then kudos for them! :D

Ask a Question