Pc wont turn on

Reaction score
Hi Im wondering if someone can help my pc wont turn on all the time and when it does turns its self off. Sometimes the pc will turn on first time other time I will have to remove the Plugs and it will turn on. I have noticed it started to start up slower a week or so back.

Has anyone got any ideas? I though it might be as its over heating but sometimes its first thing in the morning that it will not turn on.

Thanks

Rich

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Could be lots of things but first check your processor fan is working.

Take the side of the case off and you'll see the fan on top of the processor in the middle of the motherboard.

Switch on, if it doesn't turn, you need a new fan.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Possibly the Power Supply but could be any one of many things, poor thermal contact of CPU with heatsink (overheating); RAM or video card not seated correctly in slots (try pushing them in firmly); memory failing; CPU failing; video card failing etc etc

Only sure way to find the cause is substitution of various components sometimes.

Google memtest, a free memory test software program, create the CD or floppy and run it to check your memory.

Sorry I can't be more helpful but the fault isn't specific emough for me to make a definite diagnosis.

Ask a Question