PC Review needs YOU!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
hey, Mr penguin, 'twas merely intended as a light quip, I didn't know the text was ripped off from some supposed guru ;)

Must confess, in my early morning state of befuddlement, it read to me as a complete load of complicated twaddle :)

Now, under the influence of several tubes of the black stuff, it makes perfect sense.

I don't think this fellow has spammed per se as yet but we shall see, we shall see....

Urmas

Subarctic Penguin
Reaction score
floppybootstomp said:
I didn't know the text was ripped off from some supposed guru ;)
Neither did I... but – may I borrow a word? Thank You! – twaddle like this gives me the "admin rash".

an20itch20cover.jpg

Spam allergy is a nasty disorder – ethanol in large quantities offers some relief, but the side effects are no laughing matter. HOWEVER:

The man o' independent mind
He looks an' laughs at a' that.

U – awake and drooling

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Strange old world .

I bet loads of the folks who visit here spend hours looking for the latest hi-tech gadgets and toys and phones etc . Spend hours learning how to program them and set them up to run how they want . Then spend hours and days playing with them .

Strange old world .

user.gif

I wonder what the old folks are thinking.

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Abarbarian is one of the old folks. :D

Reaction score
Norton made great motorbikes I had a Norton Dominator in the early 60's if remember correctly it was 650cc. The big end went through the sump and bought a Bonneville 650cc engine and it went faster.:lol:Happy days up the Royals

Reaction score
I wonder what the old folks are thinking.
It was a lot simpler in those days with accumulator battery radios. Listening to the wireless on a Sunday to Billy Cottons Band Show, Archie Andrews show, Family Favorites etc and the smell of grandma's Sunday lunch cooking. Ahh wonderfull days:thumb:

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hmm, I'm old enough to remember that stuf. My Mum & Dad always listened to a Radio program called 'Sing Something Simple' every Sunday around 6pm. Made me want to vomit, tbh.

My Dad liked the Billy Cotton Band Show, I had to suffer it, lol. But will admit mr Cotton had a certain charm 'Take it away breezy' he used to say (a reference to a singer named Alan Breeze to sing the song, as I recall) but me, I was listemning to Radios Luxembourg, Caroline and London.

Sunday lunch? Aye, remember that, superb gravy, chicken back then was the expensive meat and a luxury and 'Two Way Family favourites' playing on the medium wave light radio. To tell the truth I'm glad we've moved on, lol

Still, the things that are common or garden when we're young somehow seem precious when we're old (er). That's just natural but it don't neccessarily make things better or worse compared to whatever.

Must admit I've found that things I scorned when I was younger I have now taken a cautious shine to. Like the soundtracks to certain films for instance, like South Pacific, to give but one example. I hated that stuff when it was current but listening to it now triggers all kinds of weird memories.

I wonder if when my offspring are my age they will feel the same about Take That, Westlife, Bewitched and a whole crop of current girlie films?

Life goes on, not neccessarily better or worse, just different. Unfortunately most folks judge life on their younger times, which is wrong, oh so very wrong. But kinda natural I suppose.

Reaction score
Trouble is I think back with nostalgia and only see things with a child's eye. I know that things were tight and 2/6 was expensive and rationing was still on but it was a simpler life and because of communication slower. My Dad was a nurse and worked nights his mode of transport was a ex army Corgi (collapsible 50 cc motorbike made for the Parachutists) as there were no buses and we were living out in the country with the nearest village was 1 1/2 miles away, no electricity, tin bath in front of the fire once a week etc. But a wonderful place to be brought up for a child playing in the hay barns, helping the farmer getting the cows in for milking and doing the milking by hand, Hay making, harvest and thrashing time and me having to be Chaffey(working under the thrasher collecting the chaff and putting in bags) ooh wonderful times. Health and safety nightmare but wonderful.:D:thumb:

Reaction score
hello......is this working also in pakistan.................??:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ask a Question