pc cam

G

Hi all,
I tried to install my 880 Creative pc cam and got a device conflict with it AND also a conflict with an "unknown" image device. I went to device manager and uninstalled the cam but the other "unknown" image device will not allow me to uninstall it. It says 'unistall failed, windows might need it to start up". I looked at the properties and it says there are no drivers. I can disable the unknown image device but I want to figuer out what is causing the conflict. Do I need to uninstall the Creative software? I would'nt think that would have anything to do with the device.....Any help?.......Thank you Rich

G

Try and uninstall the software first. Then unplug the device and uninstall both using the remove hardware function. change the USB Port and reboot. Let Windows pick it up and then go to Start/Control Panel/Maintenance/ System/Device Manager and check to see if the device is working properly. If so then Install the software. You may have a bad USB Port. Hope this helps

www.keen.com/Vince Healey

Ask a Question