paypal security

Reaction score
I use paypal for online money transfer , i want to ask the question that if spyware is in my system is it safe to use paypal.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I wouldn't use anything involving passwords or personal details if you have a virus or spyware infection. Do you have a spyware infection?

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
gavinhodges00 said:
I use paypal for online money transfer , i want to ask the question that if spyware is in my system is it safe to use paypal.
err, probably not a good idea ... it would depend on if it is one designed to steal such details.

:user:

Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
I wouldn't use anything involving passwords or personal details if you have a virus or spyware infection. Do you have a spyware infection?

I am not hundred percent sure that my computer is infected with spyware , but it might be.

Reaction score
Install and run a good cleaner before entering any passwords or usernames in. PayPal is very secure but if someone has your data they can take you for a long ride. Try installing Avast.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
There are several programs to check your machine for nasties, the two freebies I use are generally reckoned to be good by the fine folk here they are Antvir and Superantispyware.

Folk here know of some more goodies, they may post with more recommendations.

And as others have said, if you even just suspect your machine's infected, stay clear of cash transactions online until your're completely sure it's clean again.

Reaction score
How come muckshifters avatar is missing or is it just my screen ???
Zzzzz

Wait folks, after i posted it was back :confused::confused:
Zzzzz

Last edited:

Ask a Question