Excel Paypal buttons with word or excel?

Reaction score
Hi
I am trying to create an ecatalog using either word or excel which I then wish to convert to a pdf and then email to various customers on request. I want to make it easy for my customers to purchase items within the catalog by placing Paypal shopping cart and buy now buttons into the word or excel catalog.

Before I fill the pages with images and descriptions, can anyone tell me if this is possible, and how do I do this? I have only basic word and excel experience.

Any help is much appreciated
TIA
Glen

Reaction score
Hi Glen,

You can insert a link to a webpage in Word and Excel by going to the "Insert" tab and clicking "Hyperlink". But unfortunately, the PayPal buttons are more complicated than simple links. It might be possible to program this functionally using a VBA macro, but when you convert the document to PDF, the macro will be lost. So the answer is, you cannot add PayPal buttons to Word/Excel.

Rajeev

Last edited:
Reaction score
Thank you for your reply. I might consider leaving the catalog as a word or excel file. I have read pdf's
that contain live links, how do they do this, or is it the Paypal button that is the problem?
TIA
aussie

Reaction score
The issue is with the PayPal button - it is an HTML Form element, not a link. Every time a PayPal button is clicked in a web browser, a request is sent to PayPal which then creates a dynamic link and opens it in the browser. As far as I know this cannot be replicated in a PDF.

Rajeev

Ask a Question