password

brett with a lost friend

hi, friend bought a used computer with windows xp professional, has had it a
bout a month and changed nothing, used the user administrator account as was
no password needed today she turned it on anad it asked for a password to get
into the account, never has before, so now she cant even open anything .
How can she recover or bypass this password to get started again

Ronnie Vernon MVP

Brett

With XP, you can log into Safe Mode, the built-in Administrator account will
appear. This account does not have a password associated with it. Use this
account in safe mode to remove or change the other accounts password.

--

Ronnie Vernon
Microsoft MVP

"brett with a lost friend" <brett with a lost
news:[email protected]...

Kay

Anything else you know of that I can try? When I get to a safe mode screen
it ssys it is starting in safe mode and then the blue windows screen comes
with the password request.