password problem

Dungeonboy

Ok here it is the ultimate FUBAR, my friends son boots his computer and is
hit with the prompt to change his password since his will expire in 14
days...son thinks nothing about it and so types in a word.....3 days later
dad wants to use his system to pay some bills and balance the checkbook
computer boots and asks for the password he tries the old one it doesnt work
he asks his son what he typed in, he doesnt remember the rub here is the son
is eight and if you know eight year olds they can be very imaginative. The
question he and I have is how can one bypass the password and reset or
disable the password requirement? any help would be appreciated.

Carey Frisch [MVP]

How to Log On to Windows XP If You Forget Your Password or Your Password Expires
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;321305&Product=winxp

Administrator and User Passwords in Windows XP
http://www.kellys-korner-xp.com/win_xp_passwords.htm

[Courtesy of MS-MVP Kelly Theriot]

--
Carey Frisch