Passing HIV with intent to harm

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
I quite agree if they did it on purpose! Then again anyone that needs a law to stop them from doing such a thing probably won't make a difference anyway.

Reaction score
I think its an absolute disgrace that someone could even think of condeming anyone else to such a disease. They really do need locking up.

Surely with the advancements of DNA mapping technology and other forensics there must be someway of determining who it was exactly?

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
All the time a cure hasn't been found, it could almost be a murder charge, if intent is proved. Or at least attempted murder.

cirianz

Chatter Box
Reaction score
I'm afraid i would agree. A deliberate attempt to infect someone with a lethal disease has to be defined as attempted murder.
The grey area comes with proving intent.
& as for it increasing stigma?
I would've thought that knowing that there are people out there with aids who are deliberately passing the disease along & the legal system is doing nothing about it is much more likely to increase stigma.
Indeed, I would think that such a thing would be very likely to create the sort of backlash we saw in the eighties & many ordinary & responsible aids sufferers could suffer as a result of the actions of a few.

Ask a Question