Partitioned h/drives in XP..causes drive instability

worrek

Hi there troubled users, has anyone had problems with XP
(home or pro)dropping drives or making them inaccessable
when two or more drives are installed, and either of
these is partitioned. I have a few friends who are
pulling there hair out because as soon as a second drive
is connected with partitions on it there's they have
trouble trying to use these drives.
Anyone out there have any idea on the cause of this I
would be greatful.
Thanks

Jim Macklin

see http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=308421