Partition on Win2k server

Surt

Hi all!,

I was trying to join some partitions of a hard drive wich runs Win2k. The
las responsable of the computers makes 3 partitions of a hard disk and the
system partition is so small.. I cant do nothing with the computer because
of this.
Is there a way to join all the partitions without a format or fdisk? I mean,
conserving all the data, including the SO and so on?
I was trying with partition magic and another programs but theres no
compatible with win2k server. Can I do it with any program?

Thanks in advance , and forget my english.

SebastianHirt

Hi,

I think there is a possibility to make memory available in a certain
folder. This is a standard funktion of W2k. For this you have to go to
the diskmanagementtool and instead of giving a physical drive a drive
letter you can make it available in a folder (Should be possible in
the same submenu like giving a driveletter to a physical drive).
On the end of the day it looks for the Server like a normal folder.
On this way you can try for example to source all your programmfiles
out of the systempartition without reinstalliing it. I have tried this
out once on a normal W2k workstation with my programmfiles folder. Was
a bit like "from the back to the brest" but it worked fine.
If you have the possibilitie you should try this

Maybe this "trick" can help you to solve your problem.

cheers
Sebastian

Surt

I will try, Thanks!