Bargain Paragon's latest Offering on gaotd

Reaction score
Latest back up program.
http://www.giveawayoftheday.com/paragon-drive-backup-2010-special-edition-english-version/

Special offer for GAOTD users! Paragon Drive Backup 2010 Special Edition offers more safety to all your important data including videos, images, music files, documents and applications. Find other extra features onboard this toolkit along with a Windows 7 and 64-bit Operating Systems support. What we offer:
  • Complete set of features for entire disk imaging and file Backup;
  • Backup to any destination: Including local mounted/un-mounted partitions, external storage locations, CD/DVD/Blu-ray discs, network shares, FTP as well as a secured hidden partition on your local drive (Paragon Backup Capsule);
  • Smart Backup options for headache-free security, so you can backup exactly what you need and with the best backup method, chosen automatically depending on the data to protect;
  • Professional recovery tools;
  • Useful extras: boot corrector, simple partitioning and more.
What’s new in 2010 Special Edition comparing to Drive Backup 9.0 Personal?
  • Windows 7 support;
  • Smart Backup Wizard – backup exactly what you need: the whole system, e-mail databases (MS Outlook, Express, Windows Mail) media files or office documents of the My Documents folder, or any other files and folders in a few mouse clicks;
  • Selective Restore to easily extract files and folders from a backup image with the Restore Wizard without the need to restore the whole image;
  • Schedule File backup – you can start the File Backup Wizard with the preset scheduling option;
  • Backup to FTP;
  • And, other minor improvements.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'd say we have a duffer with this one..Tried downloading on 3 different machines and get this

duffer.png

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Not wishing to detract from your magnificent effort
nod.gif
but
user.gif
you could mention that this is a time limited offer
nod.gif

Paragon Drive Backup 2010 Special Edition (English Version) is available as a Giveaway of the day! You have 11 hours 56 minutes to download and install it.

A cut and paste job would do as above.

:D

Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Link worked for me MadX :confused:

Yeah the link works fine for me to..Download goes well, takes about 3 minutes..Then I go unpack the ZIP and click on the set up, it checks the key, once that is done I get what you see in the image I posted...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Hmm, it's a shame if it doesn't work as in my experience Paragon make excellent software, they are a very underated software company.

I'll try it and see what I get.

But I wonder - will it backup/restore a RAID 0 setup?

Acronis will backup RAID 0 but not restore.

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Madxgraphics said:
Yeah the link works fine for me to..Download goes well, takes about 3 minutes..Then I go unpack the ZIP and click on the set up, it checks the key, once that is done I get what you see in the image I posted...

1. Hope this helps some of you.

When some of you run this you may see the initial install screen with question marks everywhere (??????) is actually a self extracting rar – just choose the directory that you want to extract to (or leave it to go to C: drive – Path by default: Then hit the bottom button on the left to extract the actual setup files, then navigate to C:\ directory to install the real executable (DB10_Pers_Special_ea.msi or DB10_Pers_Special_ea_x64.msi).

The registration url is http://www.paragon-software.com/registration/db2010se.html

Regards – Damian

Comment by rezidue — December 2nd, 2009 at 3:33 am
    Did you find this comment useful? yes | no (+62
    )
happywave.gif

Reaction score
Hi MadX,
I have downloaded and will install in a bit...i have treid to uninstall drive back up 2009 and keep getting BSOD for me troubles....even in safe mode...i will get back to you.
The reason i posted it was cos it supports 64bit and windows 7.....not to worry lol.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I got the same as madx and if it hadn't been for Abarb's post I would have given up, that really is not very good at all :mad:

Just waiting for free registration code to come back. I got the 64 bit version and will install it within Win 7 but I'm still reckoning it will be a waste of time as I expect it won't be able to cope with RAID 0.

We shall see.

Reaction score
Ok followed Abars post, now i'm getting " 32 bit cannot be installed on 64 bit" erm hallo, my download was from the 64bit link...grrrr....I shall try again later..I quite like Paragon Software...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
I've installed it ok, it put an icon on my desktop, that annoys me :mad:

I will try it at a later time, not actually reinstalling of course but I'll just go through the motions to see how it deals with RAID 0.

It already seems a little confused, look at these pix, a capture of 'My Computer' and a screenie of Paragon Disk Backup 10, note the phantom 100Mb drive:

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• mycomputer.JPG
    mycomputer.JPG
    20.3 KB · Views: 238
  • paragon10.JPG
    paragon10.JPG
    43.1 KB · Views: 197

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Actually, thinking about it, Paragon's interpretation may be correct.

All Windows OS's have put a little bit of space by on main hard disk to install some vital files so rather than criticising Paragon, perhaps I should be praising it for seeing things accurately.

It really niggles me not fully understanding things, lol

Anyhoo, I'll report back when I've tried it out :)

Reaction score
I give up..This is as far as I get now....Oh well....

Attachments

• sod it.png
    sod it.png
    83.8 KB · Views: 128
Reaction score
Believe it or not i was actually thinking that 100mb was about the size of a paragon program and was it just marking it's territory on your hardrive.....imagine me being right just this once lol.

Reaction score
You must have missed this message as it was installing Flopp's :)

Attachments

• Untitled1.jpg
    Untitled1.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 99

Ask a Question