Pages change....

S

Steve Easton

Did you by chance upgrade from an earlier version of FrontPage??
If so, and you're working on a pre-existing web, Close FrontPage and then using Windows
Search find and delete all files named *.tmp and *.web

Then reopen FrontPage, open your web, and recalculate hyperlinks.

--
Steve Easton
Microsoft MVP FrontPage
95isalive
This site is best viewed..................
...............................with a computer
zenix said:
I posed the following curiosity earlier and someone suggested it may be something to do
with the server. This whole thing is happening begore the site is even posted, it's on my
computer with XP Pro (w/ all updates). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks again!
Garry

I just bought Front Page 2003 and have noticed that when I create a web page, complete
with a theme, I cannot save it and expect it'll still be the same the next time I open it.
The page has some text along the top, some navigation links (images), and then the logo
centered. Down the left I have the nav links, and to the right I have a cell where I put
the text relating to the page. When I am done, I save it then close it. When I re-open it,
often times there is nothing in the cell that I typed because it has been replaced by the
navigation links, top text and logo.....several times per page. It seems as though I had
this problem with Front Page 97, but I cannot for the life of me remember what I did to
correct it.

G

I posed the following curiosity earlier and someone suggested it may be something to do with the server. This whole thing is happening begore the site is even posted, it's on my computer with XP Pro (w/ all updates). Any ideas would be greatly appreciated

Thanks again
Garr

I just bought Front Page 2003 and have noticed that when I create a web page, complete with a theme, I cannot save it and expect it'll still be the same the next time I open it. The page has some text along the top, some navigation links (images), and then the logo centered. Down the left I have the nav links, and to the right I have a cell where I put the text relating to the page. When I am done, I save it then close it. When I re-open it, often times there is nothing in the cell that I typed because it has been replaced by the navigation links, top text and logo.....several times per page. It seems as though I had this problem with Front Page 97, but I cannot for the life of me remember what I did to correct it

Ask a Question