PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

Frustrated in LA

At startup, I received a stop 0x00000050
(0xe118b000,0x00000000,0xfc1b0e89,0x00000001) and an
indication of a problem in ntfs.sys. This occurred after
booting with some new, bad memory. I removed the memory
but the error did not go away.

To attempt saving the data on the disk, I moved the disk
onto another system, this one running W2K. At startup
this system also received the PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA
message and a similar stop 0x00000050 message, also
indicating a problem in NTFS.SYS.

The volume was formatted with NTFS and I believe that
there might be some sort of corruption of the file system.

Has anyone seen this? Is there any way to recover the
data on the volume?

Thanks for helping.

Rick \Nutcase\ Rogers

Hi,

Boot the Recovery Console, run "chkdsk <volume:> /r" on the <volume> in
question.

See if it helps.

--
Best of Luck,

Rick Rogers aka "Nutcase" MS-MVP - Win9x

Associate Expert - WinXP - Expert Zone

Will:

Thanks for the pointer to lots of good information. Seems
like I should try to run CHKDSK, but I get the stop
message prior to having the system come up - even if I
attempt safe mode - command prompt. Attempting to bring
up Recovery console fails as well.

Any way to run enough of a system up so that I can run
chkdsk?

Thanks

Still Frustrated in LA