"Owner" profile and Non-Destructive System Restore

G

Hello my name is Cedenoc and any help would be appreciated
I have an HP Pavilion 512n which i purchased about a year ago, running Windows XP Home editio
due to some tinkering with some /system32/ files, my pc would reboot after getting past the windows splash or loading screen, (the one before the welcome/password screen). My only choice was to do a "Non-destructive System Recovery, in which any of the files i added since the computer had been bought, would remain intact and untouched, while (i believe) all the system files and folders would be reinstalled. When I originally booted up my computer for the first time, I accepted the default name of "owner" as my profile and worked with that until today. As a result of the system folders being re-installed XP tried to make a new default profile with the name of "owner" and a few error messages popped up. I have administrative rights under a different and deleted the new "Owner" profile, but am still unable to access, the old "Owner" profile and all the files contained with in.
Any ideas or suggestions
Thank you for your time.

Ask a Question