OverClocking?!?

Reaction score
Is overclocking enhancing your motherboard/grapix only?
What risks does overclocking your pc have?
Is it hard to do?
How much can it enhance your pc bye? ....i Havent a clue about overclocking Pcs

Can some one just give me some imput pls regarded overclocking pc's please.

Reaction score
You can't overclock your motherboard as far as i know, you can overclock your CPU/GPU and RAM.

Risks are - overheating/warranty going/stability

Depends on what you class as hard, CPU overclocking is harder then GPU overclocking, NEVER use software to overclock the CPU, always go via BIOS, GPU's on the otherhand are pretty simple comparing it, use "Rivatuner" to do this.

It can enchance your pc by a far amount if you do it well.

Reaction score
Belloni said:
You can't overclock your motherboard as far as i know, you can overclock your CPU/GPU and RAM.

Risks are - overheating/warranty going/stability

Depends on what you class as hard, CPU overclocking is harder then GPU overclocking, NEVER use software to overclock the CPU, always go via BIOS, GPU's on the otherhand are pretty simple comparing it, use "Rivatuner" to do this.

It can enchance your pc by a far amount if you do it well.

Thanks for info :)

I dont think i would have the guts to risk it myself, or at all unless i was 100 percent certain it would be worth it. What caries the minuim risk of messing up if someone helps me overclock? ram,cpu...?

Reaction score
I would say start with overclocking the GPU *slowly* though.

Move the gliders up little by little and run a benchmark to test for stability and such, "ATItool" is good for artifact scanning.

Alf

Yank Upstart
Reaction score
Since your new to OCing i suggest not bothering with it. Dont get me wrong its exciting :D, but if not done carfully you could kill your CPU or what ever part you OC.

Reaction score
Alf said:
Since your new to OCing i suggest not bothering with it. Dont get me wrong its exciting :D, but if not done carfully you could kill your CPU or what ever part you OC.

I best not bother then, to risky :wall:

Reaction score
Its not difficult, but you could easily fook everything up.

Read everything you can until your eyes go crusty, then read some more.

And stress test it a lot.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
anybody remember using pencil lead to bridge the gaps on them durons to unlock the multiplier?

ah, those were the days, getting 800Mhz from a 600Mhz CPU

heady stuff indeed :)

I've had some impressive overclocks before but, and I'm gonna own up here, I've never ever really noticed the difference in terms of everyday performance between overclocked and stock

apart from in terms of heat that is :D

only thing I've ever noticed that's made a difference to improving performance is a pair of raptors or SCSI disks in a RAID 0

or a faster stock CPU

oops, have I uncovered a myth here? :eek:

Adywebb

Growing old....
Reaction score
I don't think its a myth Flops - certainly my OC'd Q6600's crunch far more work than at stock and apps run faster too.

I would imagine if the clock is small then there wouldn't be much noticeable difference, but larger clocks certainly give a noticeably increased performance.

Ask a Question