Outlook2003 Mail Rules Problem - The Rules Keep Changing

• Thread starter Micro User via OfficeKB.com
  • Start date
M

Micro User via OfficeKB.com

Hello,

I have just installed Outlook 2003, I formerly used Outlook Express which came free with windows. When Outlook 2003 imported the mail, it did not import all of the rules, so I therefore added most of them by hand. I have about 12 email accounts or so that run off of the program, and when I checked the mailboxes, I noticed some email was out of place. I checked the rules to make sure they were correct, and 3 out of the 13 rules I have in place were not correct. For all of the rules they are moving messages from a specified account into a specified folder. The 3 rules that were incorrect were moving emails from the wrong specified account to the right specified folder. I corrected the 3 incorrect rules with the right specified account, but whenever I clicked apply it just instantly put the wrong account back in the "underlined text" that is displaying, and kept sorting based on this wrong rule. I have taken many steps, such as upgrading Office 2003 to the service pack offered, deleting and recreating the rule, renaming the rule, remaining the account, and going through the self support system at Microsoft for several hours. However none of these actions have resulted in correcting this problem. Assistance on this problem would be appreciated enormously.

* This message was posted via http://www.officekb.com
* Report spam or abuse by clicking the following URL:
* http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Abuse.aspx?aid=e49216ba52ad4a13b0c567448436086c

G

Just purchased O2003 and am having the same problem. This, along with the bug
that causes Outlook to select different sending account at random under
certain circumstances, makes the program completely unusable. MS -- Please
fix these issues ASAP!

Micro User via OfficeKB.com said:
Hello,

I have just installed Outlook 2003, I formerly used Outlook Express which came free with windows. When Outlook 2003 imported the mail, it did not import all of the rules, so I therefore added most of them by hand. I have about 12 email accounts or so that run off of the program, and when I checked the mailboxes, I noticed some email was out of place. I checked the rules to make sure they were correct, and 3 out of the 13 rules I have in place were not correct. For all of the rules they are moving messages from a specified account into a specified folder. The 3 rules that were incorrect were moving emails from the wrong specified account to the right specified folder. I corrected the 3 incorrect rules with the right specified account, but whenever I clicked apply it just instantly put the wrong account back in the "underlined text" that is displaying, and kept sorting based on this wrong rule. I have taken many steps, such as upgrading Office 2003 to the service pack offered,
deleting and recreating the rule, renaming the rule, remaining the account, and going through the self support system at Microsoft for several hours. However none of these actions have resulted in correcting this problem. Assistance on this problem would be appreciated enormously.

Ask a Question