Outlook Outlook?

Spezi

Wolf Cruncher
Reaction score
I do not use Outlook myself but an associate tells me his laptop is acting up as it says his Outlook folders are full.

What I'd like to know is tips for a solution that allows him to keep his emails somewhere as he is hesitant to delete any.

I suggested burning them to a disk but have never done it and he said he isn't interested in doing it one email at a time which I don't blame him.

Open to suggestions at this time.

Thanks.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
How many e-mails does he have? I've got some folders with tens of thousands of e-mails and Outlook works fine :)

Do you know the exact error he gets and know how much free drive space there is?

Spezi

Wolf Cruncher
Reaction score
Ian Cunningham said:
How many e-mails does he have? I've got some folders with tens of thousands of e-mails and Outlook works fine :)

Do you know the exact error he gets and know how much free drive space there is?

Regrettably I haven't gone to his place yet Ian so all I know is he said he's unable to download any more emails on his laptop.

He told me that he gets a message saying his outlook folders are full and it offers him some choices such as archive and delete things beyond a certain age/date.

I thought perhaps it might be the server and too many things were on it but he does not experience the problem with his desktop.

Spezi

Wolf Cruncher
Reaction score
Update: I figured out the problem and cured it.

My friend had set up a whole lot of sub directories to categorize and store his emails but where he went wrong was all the sub directories were set up under the Inbox directory thereby making the Inbox file size almost 2GB.:eek:

After taking those sub directories out and putting them under archive all turned out well.

Reaction score
you might find the following post http://arrow-tips.com/archives/82 on creating quarterly archive folders helpful - in general you want to keep your main Personal Folders (for Pop 3 users) or Mailbox folder (for Exchange users) around 400 KB for optimum performance, but some exchange admins will force users to keep it even smaller.

Hope this is helpful!

Misty

Last edited:

Ask a Question