Outlook will not run in Cached Exchange mode

N

Nate

Having a problem running outlook offline. I can't. I keep getting an error that outlook was unable to open my .ost file when I try to run outlook while not connected to my exchange server. So I set Outlook not to run in cached mode, deleted my .ost file, reset outlook to work in cached mode. Outlook creates the ost file, but still every time I try to run outlook offline, I get the same error that outlook could not open the .ost file because it could not access it or it was corrupt.
Sorry, using outlook 2007, worked fine while I was using outlook 2003.
Thanks.

J

John C. Harris

I just posted a message and getting same issues almost, and I am runnig OL2007. Must be a beta issue.
Having a problem running outlook offline. I can't. I keep getting an error that outlook was unable to open my .ost file when I try to run outlook while not connected to my exchange server. So I set Outlook not to run in cached mode, deleted my .ost file, reset outlook to work in cached mode. Outlook creates the ost file, but still every time I try to run outlook offline, I get the same error that outlook could not open the .ost file because it could not access it or it was corrupt.
Thanks.

N

Nate

That's what I was thinking, but I deleted the old .ost file that was created with outlook 2k3, so this was essentially starting from scratch. And I would think that if this were an issue with the beta that we'd be seeing a significant amount of posts concerning the same issue. Most people running exchange and outlook use Cached exchange mode. It's like have a free backup system for your mailbox in case the Information store gets shot. I guess I'll download that program to report bugs.

--
NATHAN WELDON
I just posted a message and getting same issues almost, and I am runnig OL2007. Must be a beta issue.
Thanks.

G

My co-worker and I are having the same issue. WE too have deleted our .ost
file but still cannot work in offline mode. This is just a thougt, but could
there be a setting on the Exchange server itself taht needs to checked for
this issue to be solved?

G

Have you all downloaded and installed the WDS 3.0 beta that Outlook keeps
nagging about? I found that not only was this when my work offline problems
started, but it was also when Outlook would no longer exit completely. There
were always several handles being held open and I'd have to kill the process
in the task manager.