Outlook/POP3 can't send??!!

G

I have configured a supervisor's outlook 2002 to receive his internet mail. He received the test message I sent him. However, when he tries to send out or reply to my test, it fails. It bounces back. I configured the SMTP and POP3 servers exactly the same as in his Outlook Express. He can send and receive in Outlook Express. But only receive in Outlook. I tested the internet account in Outlook and it said everything was fine

Is there something else I have to configure for Outlook to be able to reply and/or send

Thanks

Tony

G

I have had a similar problem. It seems that outlook replaces the Incoming mail server data that I put in with "localhost" and moves what I typed in to the User Name field (appends it to what I have typed there). It get arround this, I clicked on the "More Settings" box, which took me to "Internet E-mail Settings. I clicked on the "Outgoing Server" tax and selected "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" and selected "Log on using" and then put in my User Name and Password. I clicked "Remember password" And to save it clicked "OK". It seems that now the problem of outlook appending the additional information on the User Name is overridden when mail is sent by the "Outgoing Server" tab information.

This appears to be another one of those Microsoft Features that is more like a BUG!!!

S

Sue Mosher [MVP]

Outlook doesn't make that server name replacement. An antivirus or antispam
program is doing that.
--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers

Ken said:
I have had a similar problem. It seems that outlook replaces the Incoming
mail server data that I put in with "localhost" and moves what I typed in to
the User Name field (appends it to what I have typed there). It get arround
this, I clicked on the "More Settings" box, which took me to "Internet
E-mail Settings. I clicked on the "Outgoing Server" tax and selected "My
outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" and selected "Log on using"
and then put in my User Name and Password. I clicked "Remember password"
And to save it clicked "OK". It seems that now the problem of outlook
appending the additional information on the User Name is overridden when
mail is sent by the "Outgoing Server" tab information.
This appears to be another one of those Microsoft Features that is more
like a BUG!!!

Ask a Question