mailbox and computer names.

It's got ALL of my mail and contacts. Can I convert it to a pst and import
it? Ooops!

G

Andreas

Thanks but I'm afraid it is already pointing at the exchange mailbox and
I've actually only got outlook to start by running Outlook Profiler from the
link you suggested in another post - goffconcepts.com. I'm currently
uploading my ost to payam.com.au as also sugested by yourself elsewhere.
It's taking forever at 3.5Kbs but I'll let you know how things go.

I'm just wondering why, given the number of problems that prople seem to be
experiencing, MS don't provide some tools for importing or converting an ost
file...

S

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

Two reasons:

-- The .ost file is a replica of what's in the Exchange mailbox. It is not
intended for use as a backup file.
-- Security: The .ost file is linked to the mailbox.

The time to export the .ost to a .pst file for backup was before you
reloaded the server.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of
Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for
Administrators, Power Users, and Developers

G

Sue

Thanks. However the original ost file is about 160MB and the new file about
11.5MB. Therefore I assume that all my old data is in it which leaves me
with the problem of getting it back...

Reaction score
OST2PST Exporter is a best Service provider application by Sys Tool. OST2PST Exporter Convert OST to PST, EML and MSG.recover emails can save in .PST, EML, MSG file format. Outlook OST2pst Exporter application recovers emails properties such as cc, bcc, subject and date. You can purchase OST2PST software freeware.

Reaction score
OST files may get corrupted, damaged or inaccessible due to various reasons such as Microsoft Exchange Server’s downtime, software crash, accidental user account deletion, database corruption, virus attacks, and so on. The Lepide OST to PST Converter tool recovers lost and permanently deleted Emails by maintaining the Email formatting.
For more details

Reaction score
If you are not able to access ost file and outlook shows an error “OST is in use and cannot be accessed” then the possible reason might be Unreliable network connectivity , multiple users tries to access the same OST file, Software conflicts with outlook application i.e background running process like communicator 2005,2007, lync, ucmapi etc then perform these steps:

• Disable antivirus.
  • Open task manager or press Ctrl+Alt+delete then select task manager.
  • Select process tab.
  • If you find “Communicator”, “Lync”, “Ucmapi” or “outlook” select it and then select “End Task”.
  • Relaunch MS outlook now it will not show error.

Reaction score
You can fix and convert inaccessible OST files to PST format with the aid of this program. It is an all-inclusive solution for fixing broken or damaged OST files and retrieving emails, contacts, calendars, tasks, notes, journals, attachments, etc. In order to facilitate and speed up the converting process, it also provides functions like email filtering and search. Use the TrustVare OST to PST Converter to convert OST files to PST format. It is safe to use this application to convert both single and numerous OST files to PST file format. This program allows users of all skill levels to convert OST files to PST file format. Additionally, the program supports MS Outlook 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2002, 2000, 98, and 97 as well as MS Exchange Server 2019, 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000, 5.5, and 5.0. Learn more about the features and capabilities of this app by using the free sample version.

Ask a Question