Outlook Express to Windows Mail

Jim - mail account issues

So I finally figure out how to set up separate accounts for my wife and I in
Outlook Express. Even was able to set up address books so that e-mails from
certain people or places automatically went into specific folders - pretty
slick!

Then I buy a new computer. "Easy Transfer" is supposed to transfer all the
files from XP to Vista including all e-mail settings, etc. Wrong!

All my folders are now mixed together with hers and her e-mails are coming
into my inbox and there's no sign of the individual address books for our
specific folders.

Now I'm supposed to install Windolws Live Mail? What'll happen now?

I've obviously missed something and need to read up on a lot of stuff. Can
anyone point me in the right direction so we can again have separate e-mail
accounts?

Thanks.

Jim

M Edwards

I set up two separate accounts in Windows Mail but was frustrated as both
were coming into one inbox. I then downloaded Windows Live and that seemed
to fix it. In Windows Live, I see two separate inboxes.

"Jim - mail account issues" <Jim - mail account
news:D[email protected]...

Gary VanderMolen

You didn't miss anything.
Apparently you had used the Identities feature in OE to separate your
and your wife's accounts. Windows Mail has nothing like that.
Easy Transfer did the best it could under the circumstances.

Your best bet is to upgrade to Windows Live Mail. It will keep your
mail folders separated by account. However, the only way to have separate
contacts is to sign in to WLM with separate Live IDs. Do either you or
your wife have a free Hotmail or Live.com account?