my husband gets my mail

desperately needing help!

we use VISTA (windows mail) but had same promblem with XP (OE). through our
ISP we should have 2 separate email (e-mail address removed) and (e-mail address removed).
I (HER) always get ONLY my mail, whereas HIM always get both HIM and HER
mail. We both get the HER mail, and if I get to it first and delete it he
doesn't see it at all. Same issue prior to VISTA. I can't find anywhere in
the settings that list a discrpepancy with only my (HER) address on his
account. My ISP doesn't seem to care.... neither one of us is computer
savvy enough to set up "rules" for this, although I suppose I would only need
to set up a rule on his account.... please help!

Bruce Hagen

Are you using separate Windows Logons? Or different computers?

On HER Windows Mail: Tools | Accounts. Make sure HIS account is not
listed. On HIS Windows Mail: Make sure Her account is not listed.

If that alone does not resolve it, create this message rule on Her
WinMail:

Where the message is from the specified account.
Do not download it & Stop processing more rules.
Click on: Specified Account and enter HIS account.
Name the rule.

Move this rule to the top of the rules list.

Do the exact opposite on HIS WinMail.
--
Bruce Hagen
MS-MVP [Mail]

"desperately needing help!" <desperately needing
news:[email protected]...

Gary VanderMolen \(MVP\)

You don't say which aspect of this issue you want help with,
the fact that your husband also gets your mail, or the fact that when
you download your mail first, he doesn't see it.
Evidently your mail provider has set your husband's account as the
master mail account, with your account being a sub-account.

If both computers are checking the same email account, whichever
one completes its email download first will make those emails
unavailable to the second PC. To fix that problem, go to Tools,
Accounts, select your mail account, Properties, Advanced,
select "Leave a copy of messages on server." Depending on how
much server space your ISP allows, you may want to select one or
both of the two associated 'remove' options.

Repeat the above on the second computer.

Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail)