Outlook Express - Sender's details not revealed

Up to now every email I send and receive show and print the following details-

Date: (and time)
Attach: (when applicable)

at the head of each email which gives some proof of an email being sent.
However, I am currently sending to and receiving emails from one company and
although the
'details' show on the monitor they will not print out. Just the body of the
message prints out! This applies whether it is my email I am sending or a
received email into my Inbox.

This only applies to emails to and from one specific company. All my other
emails are unaffected and print-out in the normal way with all 'details'
showing.

Is it possible that a company could 'tamper' with OE to prvent 'details'
from being printed?

Your comments would be welcome. Thank you.

Paul B. Carnall

Gerry Cornell

Paul

With the message closed right click on the message and select
Properties, Details, Message Source.

This will tell you a lot about the message sent. However, be aware
that interpreting the informations needs skill, knowedge and
experience to extract what it all means. This is especially so if the
person sending wants to conceal their identity. Instance senders of
spam and virus bearing messages. Message seemingly coming from one
sender may in reality be coming from someone else.

With regard to the particular messages from the known source it may be
that the failure to print details may be down to the messaging
software they are using. What are they using and are the messages
being sent in plain text, or some other format? If you posted a
typical header blanking out any name that identifies the sender
someone here by be able to explain.

--

Hope this helps.

Gerry
~~~~
FCA
Stourport, England
Enquire, plan and execute

Wesley Vogel

With the message showing in the Inbox or in whatever folder, click the
message and hit Ctrl + F3 to see the Message Source.

Alt + Enter to see a message's Properties.

--
Hope this helps. Let us know.

Wes
MS-MVP Windows Shell/User