Outlook error 0x80042109

PMD85Vette

I’m getting an Outlook error 0x80042109 on only one of my email
accounts. I am able to send and receive email from my Verizon
account, but my home business account is only able to receive. This
just started happening in the past week. I have tried the following:

1. It is NOT the home business account servers. I’m able to send via
webmail and I created the same account on a different computer and
network and everything worked.
2. There are no viruses, ad/spy/malware on the machine.
3. Won’t send with antivirus software on or off (Norton Corp Edition).
4. Firewall SMTP ports are open (25 and 26) on Windows firewall and
router.
5. I created a new Outlook profile
6. I repaired Outlook
7. I uninstalled Outlook 2003 and reinstalled Outlook 2003 and created
a new profile.
8. I uninstalled Outlook 2003 and installed Outlook 2007 and created a
new profile.
9. The account does require authentication and it is set.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thank
Paul

Kathleen Orland

Have you verified that you are using the correct outgoing port for your
business SMTP server? Often port 25 is blocked because a lot of spammers use
it. Try port 587 instead.

[...]

Yes, in speaking with my ISP, they use 25 as a primary and 26 as a
secondary. I tried both ports, restarting Outlookk in between
settings changes (just to be sure).

Kathleen Orland

Does your account send if you start Outlook in safe mode:

Start > Run > outlook.exe /safe

(Note the space between outlook.exe and /safe)

[...]

If running Outlook in safe mode does not rectify the problem, try to
recreate your Outlook profile:

http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm

[...]

settings changes (just to be sure).- Hide quoted text -

Have not tried the safe mode route yet, will try this evening. As for
the profile, yes, I already created a new profile in both 2003 and in
2007.

Peter Foldes

I already created a new profile in both 2003 and in

Are you saying that both versions of Outlook (2003 and 2007) are on the same
computer ???
--
Peter

[...]

NO. I uninstalled 2003 before I installed 2007

Kathleen Orland

What type of business mail account do you have?

If running Outlook in safe mode does not rectify the problem, try to
recreate your Outlook profile:

http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm

Yes, in speaking with my ISP, they use 25 as a primary and 26 as a
secondary. I tried both ports, restarting Outlookk in between
settings changes (just to be sure).- Hide quoted text -

Safe mode didn't work.

PMD85Vette

What type of business mail account do you have?

Safe mode didn't work.- Hide quoted text -

Just a plain old domain. Have the primary email setup with Tucows and
the secondary account is through the ISP. Again, both of these mail
accounts work on different computers on a different network and the
accounts work through webmail interface.

Kathleen Orland

So a simple POP3 account set up?

What type of business mail account do you have?

If running Outlook in safe mode does not rectify the problem, try to
recreate your Outlook profile:

"PMD85Vette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
On Oct 1, 10:34 am, "Kathleen Orland" <[email protected]>
wrote: spammers
use

Safe mode didn't work.- Hide quoted text -

Just a plain old domain. Have the primary email setup with Tucows and
the secondary account is through the ISP. Again, both of these mail
accounts work on different computers on a different network and the
accounts work through webmail interface.

PMD85Vette

So a simple POP3 account set up?

What type of business mail account do you have?
"PMD85Vette" <[email protected]> wrote in message
On Oct 1, 11:09 am, "Kathleen Orland" <[email protected]>
wrote:

Just a plain old domain.  Have the primary email setup with Tucows and
the secondary account is through the ISP.  Again, both of these mail
accounts work on different computers on a different network and the
accounts work through webmail interface.- Hide quoted text -

Yes

Kathleen Orland

Is 0x80042109 the full extent of the error message?

wrote:
If running Outlook in safe mode does not rectify the problem, try to
recreate your Outlook profile:
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/newprofile.htm

Just a plain old domain. Have the primary email setup with Tucows and
the secondary account is through the ISP. Again, both of these mail
accounts work on different computers on a different network and the
accounts work through webmail interface.- Hide quoted text -

Yes

PMD85Vette

The full message is: "Outlook cannot connect to your outgoing (SMTP) e-
mail server,  If you continue to receive this message, contact your
server administrator or ISP.- Hide quoted text -

This seems to be a Verizon issue. I connected a laptop to the Verizon
network and created a profile and email account and got the same
problem. When connecting the same laptop to a Comcast network, no
problem.

Joined
Oct 26, 2009
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Kathleen

It worked! Thanks for the tip. I have been having this same problem with my outlook for about a week. Super excited and that means back to work.

THanks again.

Michelle