Outlook Outlook 2003 error 0x80042109

Reaction score
I have my own domain name let say www.xyzexample.com (it is not actual domain name for security reason). I am able to use my mail id of (e-mail address removed) domain on webmail. On webmail i can both receive and send mail sucessfully.

But at the same time when I configure same email Id with outlook2003, I got some error while sending mail and error is at SMTP port number or ssl settings and error number is 0x80042109.

I have use POP and SMTP server as defined by web server team. And also both the servers are found while testing account settings.

Please tell me how to resolve the problem? Because service provider told us this is outlook 2003 problem as I access correctly on webmail.

Reaction score
not only gmail but my other email ids with other domains are working properly. but i think my isp not support 25 port number. ISP block 25smtp port.
is there any way to set any other port for smtp. if yes? then how to change.:confused:

Reaction score
This error messages may occur if MS Outlook fails to establish a connection with your e-mail server. Verify that your are connected with your server. If not, then try to reconnect.

Reaction score
This error message is encountered when Outlook gets corrupted and one of the reason for corruption is increased pst 2gb file size and in this situation user can try inbuilt Inbox repair Tool to perform 2gb pst repair but when it fails to resolve Outlook 2003 error 0x80042109 then user can try third party tool known as PST Repair Tool. This tool has powerful algorithm that performs advanced scanning and finally repair and restore the data that are deleted.

Spam removed - fbs

Ask a Question