Outlook Outlook autoarchive

Reaction score
Hi

I've posted this thread on another forum site, but have had no responses, so that forum may be lightly used or defunct. It goes as follows:

The Outlook 2003 autoarchive run frequency setting appears to be ignored. My expectation is that if I set the 'Run Autoarchive every' to say 10 days, that the archive.pst file will be modified (or at least be a candidate to be modified) every 10th day. However, the Date Modified attribute for archive.pst changes much more frequently than this, perhaps each time Outlook starts up. This is interfering with my backup strategy (which I do with a proprietary package). The archive.pst file (via the 'File is ready for archiving' flag??) becomes a candidate for backup more frequently than I wish.Does anyone have a comment?

Cheers

Last edited:
Reaction score
I am trying to open an old archive.pst file and have not been successful. Any thoughts?

Ask a Question