Outlook 2007 very slow to start - up to six minutes

Brian Tillman

Secret Squirrel said:
Sorry to barge in onto this thread but I'm having the same problem
with Outlook 2007. When I run it in safe mode it loads very fast. But
when I go back and run it in regular mode it takes forever. What
would be causing it then if it works fine in safe mode? Is this an
easy fix?

Do you have WIndows or Google Desktop Search installed and, if so, is it
indexing mail?

Madrilleno

I have never had Google desktop search installed. Windows desktop search was
removed as part of the debug process and did not resolve the issue - I was
aware of the conflict which occassonally occurs between the Outlook search
and other search services.

Brian Tillman

Madrilleno said:
I have never had Google desktop search installed. Windows desktop
search was removed as part of the debug process and did not resolve
the issue - I was aware of the conflict which occassonally occurs
between the Outlook search and other search services.

Notice that my previous response was not to you but to "Secret Squirrel"

Daisy Cao [MSFT]

Hi Paul,

I agree with Madrilleno that the issue is different. Madrilleno's issue is
strange as it even did not work in safe mode.

For your issue, it may occur if your.pst files were somewhat corrupt and
Outlook try to repair them. It will take minutes if your .pst files are
large. After repairing the errors on your .pst files, Outlook will open as
fast as before.

If your Outlook is starting fine now, don't worry about it. If you still
encounter timeout error, you can try the following steps to change Server
Timeouts from 1 minute to 10 minutes.

1. Start Outlook
2. Click Tools -> Accounts Settings.
3. Highlight your e-mail account.
4. Click Change button.
5. Click More Settings.
6. Go to Advanced tab and change Server Timeouts from 1 minute to 10
minutes.
7. If you have multiple accounts, repeat and change timeout for all of them.

Regards,

Daisy Cao, MCSE 2000

Microsoft Online Support

| From: Paul <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Outlook 2007 very slow to start - up to six minutes
| Date: Thu, 07 Aug 2008 09:02:47 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| Hey,
|
| Found this post a few days back and been keeping a close eye on the
results. My issue started 2weeks ago, on a 5week old top of the range
laptop where outlook was running perfect before hand.

| I think my issue is slightly different, I have a timeout error the first
time I start outlook, it then restarts itself and loads correctly.(looked
in the event logs to find all this out. It just sat with a loading screen)
This all in all takes about 4minutes.

| After this I can shut down outlook and all its processes and it opens as
fast as ever when I re-open.

| Any help would be great,
|
| Paul

Daisy Cao [MSFT]

Hi Madrilleno,

I understand it seems your case was escalated and the next level engineer
is working with you now. Please keep us posted if there is any result.

Thank you in advance. Have a nice day!

Regards,

Daisy Cao, MCSE 2000

Microsoft Online Support

| From: =?Utf-8?B?TWFkcmlsbGVubw==?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: Re: Outlook 2007 very slow to start - up to six minutes
| Date: Fri, 8 Aug 2008 00:30:01 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| Sounds slightly different, maybe you have more than one issue on the
machine.
| Anyway, the support case has been promoted to an engineer level who
should be
| calling me on Monday.
| --
| Madrilleno
|

| "Paul" wrote:
|
| > Hey,
| >
| > Found this post a few days back and been keeping a close eye on the
results. My issue started 2weeks ago, on a 5week old top of the range
laptop where outlook was running perfect before hand.

| > I think my issue is slightly different, I have a timeout error the
first time I start outlook, it then restarts itself and loads
correctly.(looked in the event logs to find all this out. It just sat with
a loading screen) This all in all takes about 4minutes.

| > After this I can shut down outlook and all its processes and it opens
as fast as ever when I re-open.

| > Any help would be great,
| >
| > Paul

aye

Hello,
I am having the same problem, tried everything except reinstalling XP.
Any solution yet from your side ?

Madrilleno said:
The tech went through the process featured in KB928218 yesterday with no
improvement in startup time.

I will update when I have any furhter info. (I am begning to suspect
RPCRT.dll, but I can't explain fully why. If it turns out to be correct I
willl ellucidate).
--
Madrilleno

Daisy Cao said:
Hi Madrilleno,

Thank you for updating. We will wait for your result.

Regards,

Daisy Cao, MCSE 2000

Microsoft Online Support

| From: =?Utf-8?B?TWFkcmlsbGVubw==?= <[email protected]>
| Subject: RE: Outlook 2007 very slow to start - up to six minutes
| Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 04:04:00 -0700
| Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
| Daisy,
|
| Many thanks for your reply, I'm just going through a paid support
incident
| process at the moment with Microsoft Support. I will post any relevant
| information when I have it.
|
| --
| Madrilleno
|

| "Daisy Cao [MSFT]" wrote:
|

| > Hi Madrilleno,
| >
| > I understand you have tried the following steps but the issue persists.
| >
| > 1. Uninstall and reinstall Office 2k7
| > 2. Delete the Outlook folders from Application data and Local
settings
| > 3. Delete all profiles and re-create a new one from scratch.
| > 4. Create a new user, then create a new Outlook profile.
| > 5. Start Outlook with all profiles deleted.
| > 6. Start Windows XP in safe mode, with all profiles deleted.
| >
| > From step 3, it seems the issue was not related to current profile.
| >
| > From step 6, it seems the issue was not related to usual background
| > software or driver.
| >
| > At this time, this issue may be caused by corrupt Outlook components
and
| > the corrupt outlook components may not be uninstalled successfully with
| > Add\Remove programs. I suggest we use the following article to
uninstall
| > Office 2007 manually:
| >
| > How to uninstall the 2007 Office system if you cannot uninstall it by
using
| > the "Add or Remove Programs" feature
| > http://support.microsoft.com/kb/KB928218
| >
| > After that, please reinstall Office again and try to open Outlook.
| >
| > What is the result?
| >
| > If, unfortunately, the issue persists, please send me the Event logs. I
can
| > find the root cause from recent errors.
| >
| > Event Log
| > ====
| > a. Click Start, click Run, input "EVENTVWR" (without quotation marks)
and
| > press Enter.
| > b. Right click "Application" on the left frame, choose "Save Log file
As",
| > navigate to the Desktop, input "app" in the "File name" blank, and then
| > click save.
| > c. Right click "Security", with the same method as step b, save it as
"sec".
| > d. Right click "System", with the same method, save it as "sys".
| > e. Locate the three saved log files on the Desktop and send them to me
at
| > my email account (e-mail address removed) with the case ID.
| >
| > Regards,
| >
| > Daisy Cao, MCSE 2000
| >
| > Microsoft Online Support
| > Microsoft Global Technical Support Center

| > ====================================================
| > When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader
so
| > ====================================================
| >
| > --------------------
| > | From: =?Utf-8?B?TWFkcmlsbGVubw==?= <[email protected]>
| > | Subject: RE: Outlook 2007 very slow to start - up to six minutes
| > | Date: Sun, 3 Aug 2008 00:04:05 -0700
| > | Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
| > |
| > | Toshiba Sattelite Pro A100, Intel Core 2 duo, 1.8Ghz, 2Gb RAM
(Separate
| > | graphics memory - it's not shared)
| > |
| > | Add ins are listed in my first reply to Roady.
| > |
| > | This is NOT a hadware problem, Outlook was working fine until the
| > beginning
| > | of last week. And no, I don't know what has changed to cause the
issue,
| > | Office 2k7 SP1 was installed several weeks ago, and XP SP3 was
installed
| > | AFTER the problem appeared in an attempt to cure it.
| > | --
| > | Madrilleno
| > |
| > |
| > | "Ben M. Schorr - MVP (OneNote)" wrote:
| > |
> [...]
I'm
| > certain

| > your
| > test the

Outlook
| > 2003

| > then
| > e-mail
| > account, and
| > and then
| > click

| > issue:

| > marks)

| > newsreader so
| > rights

John A

Any solution found to this issue. I have been living with it for several
months now. Outlook was working fine.
Started taking 8-10 min to startup.
Safe mode is no change.
Other machines can connect to the account fine.

JD

I'm encountering the same issue. It started one week ago. Lenovo T61p with
3 gig of memory. All up-to-date patches for OFFICE 2007.

Anyway, i'm watching this thread diligently.

JD

I'm encountering the same issue. It started one week ago. Lenovo T61p with
3 gig of memory. All up-to-date patches for OFFICE 2007.

Anyway, i'm watching this thread diligently.

JD

I'm experiencing the same thing. Does anyone know if there was any
resolution to this one. I have spent several hours and days troubleshooting.
I am convinced this is the SAME problem as all the recommended fixes don't
work.

Thanks!

Joined
Sep 21, 2011
Messages
1
Reaction score
0
Seems it's been quite some time since this thread was visited. Was there ever a resolution to this issue short of a complete OS reinstall?