Outlook 2007 pst corrupt


P

powderbluelana

One of our employees Outlook 2007 pst file is corrupt. She can use Outlook in
safe mode but cannot open otherwise. She is running Windows XP. I ran the
standard Scanpst.exe on it and it says it completes but the problem is not
fixed. Is there another solution?

Thanks
Lana
(e-mail address removed)
 
Ad

Advertisements

P

powderbluelana

If there is another add-in solution. What would that be? I'm not sure what to
try next?

thanks
Lana
 
P

Peter Foldes

Lana

Disable all your Add Ins in Outlook and see if the issue stops. If it did then add
them back one by one until you find the guilty one.
 
R

Roady [MVP]

If it works in Outlook Safe Mode, it is unlikely that the issue is because
of a corruption in the pst-file. Your scanpst.exe results confirm that as
well. It is much more likely that the issue is caused by one of the
installed add-ins or corrupted configuration file.
For furhter troubleshooting Outlook see;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm
 
B

Bobby Zed

Hi,

You may use Outlook recovery tools to repair your PST file. Below is a list of them:

http://www.datanumen.com/aor/compare.htm

Most of them provide a free demo so you can try first.

Steve






On Thursday, January 14, 2010 1:50 PM powderbluelana wrote:
One of our employees Outlook 2007 pst file is corrupt. She can use Outlook in
safe mode but cannot open otherwise. She is running Windows XP. I ran the
standard Scanpst.exe on it and it says it completes but the problem is not
fixed. Is there another solution?
Thanks
Lana
(e-mail address removed)
On Thursday, January 14, 2010 2:23 PM DL wrote:
Yes there is; likely with one of the outlook add-ins
On Thursday, January 14, 2010 3:20 PM powderbluelana wrote:
If there is another add-in solution. What would that be? I am not sure what to
try next?
thanks
Lana
:
On Thursday, January 14, 2010 3:31 PM Peter Foldes wrote:
Lana
Disable all your Add Ins in Outlook and see if the issue stops. If it did then add
them back one by one until you find the guilty one.
--
Peter
Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others
Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged.
On Thursday, January 14, 2010 3:35 PM Roady [MVP] wrote:
If it works in Outlook Safe Mode, it is unlikely that the issue is because
of a corruption in the pst-file. Your scanpst.exe results confirm that as
well. It is much more likely that the issue is caused by one of the
installed add-ins or corrupted configuration file.
For furhter troubleshooting Outlook see;
http://www.howto-outlook.com/faq/outlookdoesntstart.htm
--
Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook]
Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003
http://www.howto-outlook.com/
Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more
http://www.msoutlook.info/
Real World Questions, Real World Answers
-----
I recommend you to use PST repair tool in order to fix the corrupt PST
files. I've used it twice and successfully repaired my corrupt PST
files. You can also recover corrupt PST files using this software.
visit: http://www.recoveroutlookpst.com/repair-corrupted-pst-file.html
Download the free version at: http://www.remosoftware.com/remo-repair-outlook.exe
 
Ad

Advertisements

J

johnpedrick73

One of our employees Outlook 2007 pst file is corrupt. She can use Outlook in
safe mode but cannot open otherwise. She is running Windows XP. I ran the
standard Scanpst.exe on it and it says it completes but the problem is not
fixed. Is there another solution?

Thanks
Lana
(e-mail address removed)
[ deleted ]
 
M

mountainfalling

One of our employees Outlook 2007 pst file is corrupt. She can use Outlook in
safe mode but cannot open otherwise. She is running Windows XP. I ran the
standard Scanpst.exe on it and it says it completes but the problem is not
fixed. Is there another solution?

Thanks
Lana
(e-mail address removed)
may be there could be some sort of configuration problems in the PST or if some kind of add ins are accessing PST file all the time due to which our employee is not able to open it except the safe mode. Just terminate those add ins..

http://www.descargarscanpstexe.com
 
Ad

Advertisements


Ask a Question

Want to reply to this thread or ask your own question?

You'll need to choose a username for the site, which only take a couple of moments. After that, you can post your question and our members will help you out.

Ask a Question

Top