Outlook Outlook 2007 email notification

Reaction score
Having just moved over from Outlook xp I am trying to find out how I can make the email notification remain on the screen until acknowledged. It appears to fade away after about 10 seconds.

In Outlook xp it appeared on the screen and you had to click OK to get rid of it. In 2007 it appears as though you can do much more with the alert but seems to have a maximum timeout of 30 seconds.

The reason I ask is that in my work I do not sit in front of the computer, but need to keep checking whether emails have arrived. Now I can't just glance at the screen from across the office, but have to come and see whether there is a tiny email icon amongst all the others on the toolbar, a real pain as I need to do this frequently.

I appreciate that maybe most people don't need this, but why not leave as an option instead of taking it away it wasn't hurting anybody.

Is there any workround or 3rd party software which can do this?

Thanks

Neil

Ask a Question