Outlook 2007 - A few questions

Reaction score
I'm in charge of administering a small office. We've got about 6 users and a server.

The office was previously using hotmail for it's mailing and an antiquated word document for it's calander.

I'm looking to move the office over to outlook and I'd like to be able to use all of outlooks features, but here are some of our higher priorities:

1) Shared Calendars
2) Shared Tasks
3) Shared Category Colorings (I may want to create new categories in the future with new colors without having to go around to every computer to propagate the changes.)

Here are my questions:

1) It looks like hotmail doesn't support shared tasks or contacts. Is it possible to use Hotmail as an email server while using exchange as a calander/tasks/contacts server and have the two accounts merge seamlessly in outlook?

2) Is there anyway to remove the default task views in Outlook 2007? I have about 3 views that the office will need to use regularly, and another one or two I will use rarely. The rest I would like to get rid of, since they'll just cause confusion for everyone. Is there anyway to do this? I don't mind manually editing files if necessary, as long as I can get the result I want in the end.

3) Is there a way to share category colorings over the network, through exchange or otherwise? I would like for the entire office to have coordinated category colors.

4) Is there any way to do legal billing through outlook?

Ask a Question