Lost Unicode characters from subject when drag-and-drop mail in Outlook 2007

Reaction score
Hi,

I could create/send/receive/read Unicode emails in Office 2007 and also the same goes to Hotmail using Internet Explorer.

The problem occurs while using Outlook 2007 and transfer the mail, containing Unicode characters, eg Chinese Font, both in subject line and content, from the Folder of Hotmail-server to the Personal Folders, then back to the Folder of Hotmail-server. ( each step was synchronized with Hotmail server)

From the perspective of Outlook 2007, the mail made no difference in subject line nor in content before or after the drag and drop between folders.

However, when I logged on to my Hotmail account using Internet Explorer, the Unicode character in the content remains but not visible in the subject of the list of email. It would show, blank space or (no subject). But when I clicked in such email, the unicode character still present both in subject and body as was before!!!

I am using XP 64-bit Professional Edition, and I had the Office Updates done on June 15, 2009.

Does anyone have similar symptom? or I should re-install outlook 2007.

Thank you for your help,

Kevin

Last edited:
Reaction score
come on guys! I cannot believe no-one encounter this problem before!

please help me out,

Thanks

Reaction score
Maybe, hotmail is not intergrate fully to meet with unicode font?
or Outlook 2007 is defective.

Ask a Question