Outlook 2003 PST encryption

Reaction score
I was wondering if there was anyway to remove the encryption on a pst file if you don't have access to open it?

As in my previous post..."I am trying to import/open a previous Outlook 2003 pst file that I had created. It is on my local hard drive. When I do so, either through import or the mail icon in control panel (Windows 2000), it says that I don't have permissions to open this file. I am the creator, owner and have administrative rights with full access to this file. The read only attribute is NOT selected, so everything seems ok and I should have all the permissions necessary to open this file. But no matter what I try, I get the same error message - “File Access is denied. You do not have the permission required to access the file…”

I think the problem here is that I encrypted the backup and now that I have a new install of Outlook, it is saying that I don't have access...

I'm not sure if this is the reason for the problem, but I thought it might be as I can open all of my older pst files that were not encrypted.

Any thoughts?

Please help.

Cheers.
E.

Ask a Question