Outlook Outlook 2003 keeps getting stuck!!!

Reaction score
hey guys,

I'm currently running Outlook 2003 on WinXP and it uses AVG to scan the emails. I've always used this program with no problems but....

Since yesterday, I've had nothing but problems receiving emails - you would get to the first 6 and then it would just stop receiving after that. Now I have about 50 or so emails I need to get and I can't get them!

Please help me :(

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Try disabling the AVG e-mail scanner temporarily, and then try to download your e-mail. Enable it once it has got past the point of being stuck, that should let you know if it is the server or your PC. :)

Reaction score
thanks, it worked!

although i did get a message popup saying that Outlook couldn't connect to my pop3 server, but i did another send/receive and it was fine.

do you think the problem is AVG or the server or even both??

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
Hard to tell really, quite possibly just a temporary server problem. Glad it works now :)

Reaction score
hey guys,

i'm having problems (again) with outlook.

this time it doesn't seem to send out my emails. i'm receiving them thou. i've disable AVG scanner but this doesn't have any effect.

any suggestions?

Ask a Question