Outlook 2003 and Acrobat Reader 6.0

Sabo, Eric

Everytime I lauch my Acrobat Reader 6.0, the Windows installer it says
something about Outlook 2003 needs to configuring the reader. This process
takes about 5-7 minutes before I get to the Acrobat Reader 6.0

Is there some way I can correct this?

Windows XP Professional SP1- Admin rights on machine
Acrobat Reader 6.0.0
Outlook 2003 - 11.5608.5703

Joe Wu [MSFT]

Hello Eric,

Thank you for your post. I am glad to work with you again.

Could you let me know the following information?

1. The screen shot of the error message.

2. When did the problem begin to occur? Is it after you installing some
application?

3. Does the problem occur when open Outlook or other programs? (Does it
only occur when open Acrobat Reader?)

4. Please uninstall Acrobat Reader and reinstall it to see if it helps.

5. The event logs of the problematic system. (Please send them to me at
(e-mail address removed))

I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your time.!

Regards,
Joe Wu
Product Support Services
Microsoft Corporation

|From: "Sabo, Eric" <[email protected]>
|Subject: Outlook 2003 and Acrobat Reader 6.0
|Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 11:58:10 -0500
|Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
|Everytime I lauch my Acrobat Reader 6.0, the Windows installer it says
|something about Outlook 2003 needs to configuring the reader. This
process
|takes about 5-7 minutes before I get to the Acrobat Reader 6.0
|
|Is there some way I can correct this?
|
|Windows XP Professional SP1- Admin rights on machine
|Acrobat Reader 6.0.0
|Outlook 2003 - 11.5608.5703

|--
|Eric Sabo
|NT Administrator

Sabo, Eric

Joe,
1. It just goes through the Windows Installer all the time when
launching the application

2. Launching of Acrobat Reader 6.0

3. It just states that Outlook 2003 in the windows installer.

4. Try to uninstalled and re-install, still same problem.

5. Application logs shows the following:

Source: MsiInstaller
Event ID: 1001
Detection of product '{90E00409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}', feature
'WISPFiles' failed during request for component
'{C9455211-D124-4E43-BD1F-30F62685B01E}'

Source: MsiInstaller

Event ID: 11729

Product: Microsoft Office Outlook 2003 -- Configuration failed.

Sabo, Eric

Joe,
I got the problem correct, for some reason my MSOCache files were
pointing to the wrong drive letter.

I wish that once the Office Product is installed you never need the
source files again. This happens with Office XP and now Office 2003, do
you know what the reasoning is behind it. Is there a tool where you can
re-point the location of the directory usually what happens is that you have
to uninstall the Office product and then re-install.

Joe Wu [MSFT]

Hello Eric,

Thank you for your updates, and I am glad to hear that you have resolved
the problem.

The events indicates that the Windows Installer information of a certain
component ({90E00409-6000-11D3-8CFE-0150048383C9}) was broken and this is
why the Installer was loaded to fix it.

The Local Install Source feature copies the install source files from the
Microsoft Office 2003 installation CD to the Msocache folder. The
recommended method for removing the Local Install Source feature from your
hard disk is to select the option to "Delete installation files" at the end
of Office 2003 Setup. To do this, on the "Setup Completed" page, click to
select the "Delete installation files" check box, and then click "Finish".
You may also choose to use the Windows Disk Cleanup Wizard.

For detailed steps, please refer to the following KB article:

825933 Local Install Source (Msocache)
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=825933

The following KB article provides more information regarding Local Install
Source (Msocache):

830168 Frequently Asked Questions About the Local Install Source Feature
http://support.microsoft.com/?id=830168

Once again, thank you for using our news groups!

Regards,
Joe Wu
Product Support Services
Microsoft Corporation

|From: "Sabo, Eric" <[email protected]>
|Subject: Re: Outlook 2003 and Acrobat Reader 6.0
|Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 15:49:48 -0500
|Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|
|Joe,
| I got the problem correct, for some reason my MSOCache files were
|pointing to the wrong drive letter.
|
| I wish that once the Office Product is installed you never need the
|source files again. This happens with Office XP and now Office 2003, do
|you know what the reasoning is behind it. Is there a tool where you can
|re-point the location of the directory usually what happens is that you
have
|to uninstall the Office product and then re-install.
|
||> Hello Eric,
|>
|> Thank you for your post. I am glad to work with you again.
|>
|> Could you let me know the following information?
|>
|> 1. The screen shot of the error message.
|>
|> 2. When did the problem begin to occur? Is it after you installing some
|> application?
|>
|> 3. Does the problem occur when open Outlook or other programs? (Does it
|> only occur when open Acrobat Reader?)
|>
|> 4. Please uninstall Acrobat Reader and reinstall it to see if it helps.
|>
|> 5. The event logs of the problematic system. (Please send them to me at
|> (e-mail address removed))
|>
|> I look forward to hearing from you. Thank you for your time.!
|>
|> Regards,
|> Joe Wu
|> Product Support Services
|> Microsoft Corporation
|>
|> Get Secure! - www.microsoft.com/security
|>
|> ====================================================
|> When responding to posts, please "Reply to Group" via your newsreader so
|> that others may learn and benefit from your issue.
|> ====================================================
|> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no
|rights.
|>
|> --------------------
|> |From: "Sabo, Eric" <[email protected]>
|> |Subject: Outlook 2003 and Acrobat Reader 6.0
|> |Date: Tue, 2 Dec 2003 11:58:10 -0500
|> |Newsgroups: microsoft.public.outlook.general
|> |
|> |Everytime I lauch my Acrobat Reader 6.0, the Windows installer it says
|> |something about Outlook 2003 needs to configuring the reader. This
|> process
|> |takes about 5-7 minutes before I get to the Acrobat Reader 6.0
|> |
|> |Is there some way I can correct this?
|> |
|> |Windows XP Professional SP1- Admin rights on machine
|> |Acrobat Reader 6.0.0
|> |Outlook 2003 - 11.5608.5703
|> |
|> |