Outlook 2002 Adding Contacts from Global Address book Fields

JPoon

Enviroment:
Exchange 2k on AD. Client is Outlook 2002.

I have a person that uses his/her contacts extensively. She would
open up the Global address book - > find the person she needs -> then
add that person to her contacts. The person's name in the global
address books will have various information like Business 1 phone
number, Business 2 phone number, and Fax number. When she adds that
to her personal contacts it will capture the Business 1 phone number
field, but when she uses the drop down box to Business 2, it will not
display the number.

What could be the problem?? Is this on the client-side or
server-side?

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

It's a known issue, if I remember correctly. Adding a contact from a GAL
entry just doesn't copy all the data over that you'd expect.

hmm.. is this an issue with outlook 2002? This issued doess not happen to me. I don't think if I tell my customer it's a known issue will work. She will probably call many people in upper management.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

What behavior do you see?

Also note: The newsgroup interface you are using apparently does not quote
earlier messages in the thread, making your latest message so short on
detail that you risk not getting the answer you're looking for. Please take
the time to quote the original message.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

jpoon said:
hmm.. is this an issue with outlook 2002? This issued doess not happen
to me. I don't think if I tell my customer it's a known issue will work.
She will probably call many people in upper management.

JPoon

Hello,

I really don't see any symtoms. The field just doesn't populate in
Outlook 2002.

What I do see is, when she opens the Global address book and hits the
phone/notes tab. Everything is grayed out except the business 2:
field. Business 2 field is not grayed out, it almost looks like you
can edit that entry in the Global Address book. So when she hits 'Add
to: Contacts' Business number populates as normal, but when she drops
down to Business 2: all she see is a blank spot. The client does not
recognize Business 2: has any value to it.

Really need some help here. Anything to point me in the right
direction is much appreciated.

Sue Mosher [MVP-Outlook]

You said that the issue doesn't happen to you. So I was wondering what
behavior *you* see.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of