Out of Office - Do No Process Subsequent Rules

Liam

Working on Outlook 2003 clients in a Windows Server/Exchange 2003
environment. Trying to configure a set of out-of-office rules which will
send a reply to all inbound email except that from users x, y & x.

Have configured Rule 1 (for the exceptions) which generates a new-mail alert
for mail received from x, y & z senders and ticked the 'Do not process
subsequent rules' box. Rule 2 (for all other mail) does not have any sender
filter in place and replies with a template email.

In this scenario, when Out-of-Office is switched on, users x, y & z receive
the template reply as well as generating the new mail alert. Surely this
should not happen as they are triggering Rule 1 which should not then allow
processing of Rule 2? Just to confirm; Rule 1 is above Rule 2 in the list.

Anyone any ideas?
Liam

Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

Out of Office is a server side rule and will fire first, then the rules on the Outlook client side.

--
Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]

After furious head scratching, Liam asked:

| Working on Outlook 2003 clients in a Windows Server/Exchange 2003
| environment. Trying to configure a set of out-of-office rules which
| will send a reply to all inbound email except that from users x, y &
| x.
|
| Have configured Rule 1 (for the exceptions) which generates a
| new-mail alert for mail received from x, y & z senders and ticked the
| 'Do not process subsequent rules' box. Rule 2 (for all other mail)
| does not have any sender filter in place and replies with a template
| email.
|
| In this scenario, when Out-of-Office is switched on, users x, y & z
| receive the template reply as well as generating the new mail alert.
| Surely this should not happen as they are triggering Rule 1 which
| should not then allow processing of Rule 2? Just to confirm; Rule 1
| is above Rule 2 in the list.
|
| Anyone any ideas?
| Liam

Liam

The Out of Office message field is just blank and we do not get an "Out of
Office" headed message (which is desired behaviour). Both Rule 1 & Rule 2
are in the lower panel of the dialog box, which I believe means they are
both client-side rules.

My question is really how to stop Rule 2 from firing for messages which are
picked up by Rule 1 if Rule 1 already has the "Do Not Process Subsequent
Rules" check-box ticked.

Thanks
Liam

"Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook]" <[email protected]>
wrote in message Out of Office is a server side rule and will fire first, then the rules on
the Outlook client side.