OT: the Google archive is broken?

John Doe

Anybody try doing an author history lately?

Doesn't seem to pull up anything earlier than June?

Thank you.

Blinky the Shark

John said:
Anybody try doing an author history lately?

Doesn't seem to pull up anything earlier than June?

One of the regulars in news.software.readers has posted that nothing
from him shows up unless it was posted *before* June, if I read him
correctly. Someone else posted this (unfortunately in German) from a
website, apparently about GG issues, dated today:

<q>

Google Groups hat einen Teil seines Datenbestands vergessen

Wer derzeit bei Google Groups sucht und die Ergebnisse nach Datum
sortiert, erlebt eine Überraschung. Offenbar hat der Dienst alle
Postings nach dem 13. Juni bis zum heutigen Datum vergessen. Das
betrifft aber offensichtich nur den Index, bei den Postings in den
Newsgroups selbst sind auch solche neueren Datums vorhanden. Von heise
online auf den fehlerhaften Index angesprochen sagte Google-Sprecher
Stefan Keuchel, dass sein Unternehmen daran arbeitet, das Problem aus
der Welt zu schaffen.

</q>

Blinky the Shark

Blinky said:
One of the regulars in news.software.readers has posted that nothing
from him shows up unless it was posted *before* June, if I read him

Here's that poster's report:

<q>

I just tried looking up some recent (last few weeks) posts which Google
should have, and turned up nothing. I know they were not XNAed, and I
know I correctly recall some key words from them which should easily
bring them up as search results.

Then I saw GG turns up /no/ posts from certain posters, though it used
to. E.g., searching for posts from me, nothing is turned up after 12
June 2006.

Jon Danniken

John Doe said:
Anybody try doing an author history lately?

Doesn't seem to pull up anything earlier than June?

They've been continually destroying the old (and highly efficient) Deja
interface/results ever since they got their hands on it. It's just crap
now.

Jon