OT Looking for CD-RW Writing software...

t.cruise

I just got a new Dell system, and the Sonic RecordNow CDR/CD-RW bundled
software is as bad as I expected. I uninstalled it and tried Nero Ultra 6,
which is loaded with features, but doesn't seem to have the feature that I
most want (or maybe I can't find it). I liked the old Adaptec CD writing
software, where you could easily FORMAT a CD-RW, and it would then be
recognized and used in Windows Explorer as just another drive, where you
could copy, paste, delete, just like a hard drive. With Nero Ultra 6, it
cues the data files to be copied to the disk, just like the native Windows
XP CD-RW software. So, what's the point? Does anyone know of any CDR/CD-RW
software that formats the CD-RW to be used in the way that I want?

T.C

Grant

t.cruise said:
I just got a new Dell system, and the Sonic RecordNow CDR/CD-RW bundled
software is as bad as I expected. I uninstalled it and tried Nero Ultra 6,
which is loaded with features, but doesn't seem to have the feature that I
most want (or maybe I can't find it). I liked the old Adaptec CD writing
software, where you could easily FORMAT a CD-RW, and it would then be
recognized and used in Windows Explorer as just another drive, where you
could copy, paste, delete, just like a hard drive. With Nero Ultra 6, it
cues the data files to be copied to the disk, just like the native Windows
XP CD-RW software. So, what's the point? Does anyone know of any CDR/CD-RW
software that formats the CD-RW to be used in the way that I want?

T.C

Nero does that, just download and install InCD:
http://www.ahead.de/us/nero-up.php and download package #3.

Steve Nielsen

Take a look at Roxio Easy CD Creator. They took the product over from
Adaptec some time ago. It usually comes bundled with new Dells w/CD
writers installed.

Steve

Don

T.C.
I had the same problem with Nero. I will look at the
Package #3 for a solution. In the meantime I use the
Roxio Easy CD Creator which allows me to format, read
& write to it as an extra drive. I really like that
feature.
Don

Joined
Jul 22, 2011
Messages
7
Reaction score
0

t.cruise wrote:

> I just got a new Dell system, and the Sonic RecordNow CDR/CD-RW bundled
> software is as bad as I expected. I uninstalled it and tried Nero Ultra 6,
> which is loaded with features, but doesn't seem to have the feature that I
> most want (or maybe I can't find it). I liked the old Adaptec CD writing
> software, where you could easily FORMAT a CD-RW, and it would then be
> recognized and used in Windows Explorer as just another drive, where you
> could copy, paste, delete, just like a hard drive. With Nero Ultra 6, it
> cues the data files to be copied to the disk, just like the native Windows
> XP CD-RW software. So, what's the point? Does anyone know of any CDR/CD-RW
> software that formats the CD-RW to be used in the way that I want?
>
> T.C

Yes, I agree with you. I think Roxio easy CD creator is one of the best software for CD creation. This software is come in new dell system. It is easy to use. It is compatible with window XP, window7 etc.