OT Google requires sign-in to use the UseNet archive?

John Doe

Michael said:
Not likely. Someone would have to be 36,

Someone is in fact 36.
and given IBM's corruption of
"PC" it might be as young as 30.

Yes it might, but that depends on what "it" is.

You sound like a mentally retarded person trying to do mental
gymnastics, Mickey. Running your posts through BabelFish?

Nil

Google is the Usenet archive.

This guy doesn't seem to understand that "Google groups" is what Google
calls it's Usenet archive. They make little distinction between their
own topic groups and Usenet, and their search engine searches all of
it.

John Doe

Google is a company, Boy, Google maintains a public copy/archive
of UseNet posts.
This guy doesn't seem to understand that "Google groups" is what
Google calls it's Usenet archive. They make little distinction
between their own topic groups and Usenet, and their search
engine searches all of it.

Make up your mind, Boy. Google Groups is not a UseNet archive if
it includes their own groups. Google's additional groups are not a
part of UseNet. That is one reason you should make clear that you
are talking about an archive of UseNet posts whenever you talk
about Google's public copy/archive of UseNet posts. When I search
that archive, I exclude Google's additional groups.

Nil

Google is a company, Boy, Google maintains a public copy/archive
of UseNet posts.

Duh. You must be rilly smart to have figured that out.
Make up your mind, Boy. Google Groups is not a UseNet archive if
it includes their own groups. Google's additional groups are not a
part of UseNet. That is one reason you should make clear that you
are talking about an archive of UseNet posts whenever you talk
about Google's public copy/archive of UseNet posts. When I search
that archive, I exclude Google's additional groups.

And you don't need to sign into Google in order to "use" their Usenet
archive. You can read and search to your heart's content. You only need
to sign in to post. Same as it's always been. Even the Germans know
that - why don't you?

John Doe

Nil said:
John Doe <jdoe usenetlove.invalid> wrote

Duh. You must be rilly smart to have figured that out.

And what about your mother, Boy?
And you don't need to sign into Google in order to "use" their
Usenet archive.

I acknowledged that before you posted the first time, Boy, my
experience was an anomaly.

So when are you going to acknowledge the obvious, Boy, that
signing into YouTube requires a Google account? Or will you
continue pretending that signing into YouTube does not require a
Google account?

From: Nil <rednoise REMOVETHIScomcast.net>
Newsgroups: alt.comp.hardware.pc-homebuilt
Subject: Re: OT Google requires sign-in to use the UseNet archive?
Date: Thu, 05 May 2011 13:19:24 -0400

John Doe

Nil said:
John Doe <jdoe usenetlove.invalid> wrote
You do not need a Google account to view Youtube. It's always
been that way.

Do you know the difference between signing-in and browsing, Boy?
--

Regular
see also
From: Nil <rednoise REMOVETHIS.comcast.net>