options associated with "send..." >"link, "page"?

M

MsOsWin

haven't reset options in awhile, but perhaps a patch has changed something related to the File>Send> link and File>Send> page

xp home sp2 with auto updates. has stopped doing either.
ie ver 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519
update ver ;sp2;
possible complications? somewhat recent install maxthon over a similar version.

meanwhile... winme still does both link and page. no maxthon on the winme. ie ver 6.0.2800.1106 sp1 with 4 patches listed thru
q912812

both computers use oe and ie6 as default mail and browser.

M

MsOsWin

found the fix, so soon *after* posting :)
haven't reset options in awhile, but perhaps a patch has changed
something related to the File>Send> link and File>Send> page

xp home sp2 with auto updates. has stopped doing either.
ie ver 6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519
update ver ;sp2;
possible complications? somewhat recent install maxthon over a similar
version.

meanwhile... winme still does both link and page. no maxthon on the
winme. ie ver 6.0.2800.1106 sp1 with 4 patches listed thru q912812

both computers use oe and ie6 as default mail and browser.

annoying that only after opsting, then shoving keywords from my post into google (to leavereminder for self of my post), do i
see some likely looking info.

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=options+|+changed+|+something+|+related+"File>Send>+lin
k%22+%22File%3ESend%3E+page%22&scoring=d&

gives
http://groups.google.com/group/micr...wser/browse_thread/thread/53302205219b0ff7/5b
f7ad1f0e20b071

tried the ..msmin.. /reg
no obvioius effect. decided to delve into ie's Tools menu. tried some of the mail things. no response. tried ".. news.."

tbird comes up.. aha... but it's not the default mail app, because oe comes for mailto links on webpages.
however, in oe, tools, options... two buttons regarding default news and email. small notes say that oe is NOT default for mail
or news.
simply pressing the make oe default mail button fixed the send link and send page problem.

Ask a Question