Opening a file in XP that was created on Office '97

G

I sucessfully migrated my files from old computer (running Windows '95 & Office '97) to new computer (running Windows XP and MS WORKS SUITE 2002) but can't open my Access databases. I tried using the Works database program, no luck. It suggested using the program used to create the file. Tried install Office '97 to new computer but it won't work. Says it is an upgrade & cannot find the prerequisites. Tried install my original Windows '95 office products, but it appears blocked
Any suggestions on how I can get this file open or converted to a readable format on XP?

G

Sorry, Folks! I found my own answer
After reading previous threads for awhile I decided to try again & copy the specific error message. Well, once I read it carefully I found it wanted me to insert the old disk (for the Office '95 version) & browse until I found an applicable application (i.e. Access). Once I did that, the install wizard continued & I've been able to completely install Office 97 to my computer with no conflicts & open my old databases just fine. Sorry to take up space on the board
Collee

----- Colleen wrote: ----

I sucessfully migrated my files from old computer (running Windows '95 & Office '97) to new computer (running Windows XP and MS WORKS SUITE 2002) but can't open my Access databases. I tried using the Works database program, no luck. It suggested using the program used to create the file. Tried install Office '97 to new computer but it won't work. Says it is an upgrade & cannot find the prerequisites. Tried install my original Windows '95 office products, but it appears blocked
Any suggestions on how I can get this file open or converted to a readable format on XP?

Ask a Question