One day you're up...

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Funny how things go up and down isn't it?

Mid week some cheques came in, big smiles, I was gonna get a telly and a games console.

Then my car died, put paid to that.

Bought Crysis Warhead, loaded it up, I don't really like it.

Played some UT3 and realised it's really not all that good, just doesn't have that great atmosphere all the prequels had, they've blown it, basically. So in a moment I'm going to load up UT2004 again, at least when I played that online I managed to come somewhere other than near to last all the time.

I loaded Crysis: Warhead onto my AMD machine and noticed that it recognised my Joypad (X-Box 360 corded controller) whereas when I installed it on my Intel machine (see sig) it didn't find my Logi Gamepad (Cordless Rumblepad 2). Also, the sound on my AMD machine (plain old stereo routed through a NAD amp and a pair of cheap stereo speakers) sounded absolutely brilliant compared to my Audio X-Fi Extreme powering a Hercules 5.1 speaker system.

I've never been impressed with that Hercules speaker system, tbh. The AMD through the Hi-Fi really sounded great though, made the game immersive and that was only the opening cut scene.

Then, just as I was trying the X-Box controller with Warhead to see if it was any good (it wasn't, joypads suck for fps's) the computer just died, shut straight off.

After some diagnosis I'm sure my three and a half year old Tagan 480W PSU has died (the same one reviewed on this forum). The fuse in the mains lead has blown and each replacement fuse and the fuse in an alternative lead all blew. I'm smelling that burnt electronics smell so I'd guess it is the PSU, I just hope it didn't take anything down with it.

I've ordered a Corsair 650W jobbie from Scan for £65.00 inc postage and it should arrive Tuesday. Didn't get a modular PSU as the Antec Sonata case doesn't have a side window but it does have lots of room inside to hide extraneous leads.

So, not a good weekend, really. And it rained as well.

Reaction score
Nope not a good weekend at all..Fingers crossed the PSU didn't take anything else out along the way..:(

Waynos_Face

New Cruncher
Reaction score
Awwww, there there mate,

If its any consolation , my six aside team just lost 8 - 1,

I have broken my big right toe and i'm pretty sure my girlfriend has just wasted £330 on wooden flooring, as i've come home from the hospital to see that shes unpacked all the flooring but its the wrong bloody one!!!!!! It doesn't match the rest.

Oh, well nice B'Day i will have tomorrow trying to convince IKEA to have all their wood back.

floppybootstomp

sugar 'n spikes
Reaction score
Thanks fellas :)

WF: IKEA are good at taking stuff back, as long as you have the receipt, I've done it quite a few times and they're good.

Ian

Administrator
Reaction score
It's never just one thing that goes wrong either, but everything all at once! I had a week like that a couple of months ago - and to top it all off, my PSU went too :confused: Didn't take anything down with it though, which was a relief :thumb:

It's Monday now though, so a new week entirely :D

Taffycat

Crunchy Cat
Reaction score
But then along comes someone else, that you really wouldn't want to be.... ;) :lol:
attachment.php

I hope your week will improve Flopps and Wayne :D

Attachments

• Blazing Saddles.jpg
    Blazing Saddles.jpg
    47.1 KB · Views: 200

Abarbarian

Acruncher
Reaction score
Only a week of ups and downs ! My whole year has been like that. Never mind it will soon be February and a new cycle begins.
I recon all your bad luck is linked to Crysis. Get rid of it matey ! The sooner the better.

:p
laughingsmiley.gif

nivrip

Yorkshire Cruncher
Reaction score
Abarbarian said:
Never mind it will soon be February and a new cycle begins.

What's the significance of February? Some strange cult that you belong to? :confused:

Ask a Question