one comp unable to browse net despite being connected... wireless net

Reaction score
i have to admit i have no idea what i am doing so desperately need some help
we have recently got the net installed and bought a wireless router.
my computer (fairly new) worked first time all good!
my friends comp (about 5 yrs old) wasn;t wireless enabled but we bought a usb adaptor and now its working fine
smile.gif
v impressed at myself for working it out
smile.gif

but now we have a problem...a third flatmate with an inspiron 6000 wireless enabled comp has come back after easter and is unable to browse the web. she can connect but when IE or mozilla are opened the error window comes up.
i have tried disabling firewall settings, updating windows XP from a link on microsoft.com and a variety of resetting options but can;t think of what else to do

please help

rx

Reaction score
no nothing i have read both manual (router and net) back to front hence why i have resorted to a forum depsite not really knowing which subheading under which to post this

Reaction score
roisin94 said:
i have tried disabling firewall settings, updating windows XP from a link on microsoft.com and a variety of resetting options but can;t think of what else to do

please help

rx

simple try this

depending on what router u have
go into the settings page 192.168.1.1
or whatever the address is

if this works then u definetly know that u are connected
keep hovering around the different settins pages specially the internet/dsl ones.

now while u do this open another internet browser and keep trying to go to a website!

this normally does it for me

regards

psd99

Ask a Question