OnBoard Sound HELP!!!!

muckshifter

I'm not weird, I'm a limited edition.
Reaction score
There should be instructions with the Creative speakers telling you how to "hook-up" the plugs to a 2.1 sound card ... did you get any distructions at all?

Try hear, err, here ...

http://us.creative.com/support/downloads/welcome.asp?type=manuals

user.gif

Reaction score
The instructions only explain how to connect to a 5.1 and 6.1 soundcard, 24 bit external and a creative decoder.

muckshifter

Reaction score
Greener74 said:
OK thank you for your help and your patience.
If what your saying is correct then i am going to send the PC back to them as they have lied to me about whats actually fitted in the computer.
Cheers.
Naw, they ain't "lied" they just sold you speakers that are not suited for the job, but I would keep 'em and just go get me a nice Phillips 5.1 sound card ... either a PCI or a PCI-E ... now that'll blow away the neighbors

laughingsmiley.gif

Reaction score
Ok thanks.
I know the soundcards are easy to fit. But do i have to do anything to disable the onboard soundcard once the new soundcard is fitted.
Thanks again for all your help.
Im just pretty hacked off at the minute that i never discovered this website before changing my computer because judging by what people on here think of MASH i seem to have made a big mistake.
Do you think i would still be able to send the PC back and get one from someone else?
I only had it delivered on saturday and wont be able to contact customer services until tuesday due to monday being a bank holiday.

Reaction score
Hell i'd send the thing back and get a full refund while possible, and buy one from a reputable retailer!

muckshifter

Reaction score
Greener74 said:
Ok thanks.
I know the soundcards are easy to fit. But do i have to do anything to disable the onboard soundcard once the new soundcard is fitted.
Yes ... you can "disable" the on-board via the BIOS ... easy enough.

Thanks again for all your help.
You're welcome. :)

Im just pretty hacked off at the minute that i never discovered this website before changing my computer because judging by what people on here think of MASH i seem to have made a big mistake.
Do you think i would still be able to send the PC back and get one from someone else?
They will probably do all in their power to diswade you ... as far as I can see you got what was being advertised.

I only had it delivered on saturday and wont be able to contact customer services until tuesday due to monday being a bank holiday.
Good luck in that department. ;)

user.gif

Reaction score
Warning: Buying from mesh can damage your health

muckshifter said:
Naw, they ain't "lied" they just sold you speakers that are not suited for the job,
laughingsmiley.gif
What a surprise then coming from Mesh Computers!
Of course we all know who mash would blame, thats right the Customer.

Greener74 i suggest you may want to post on the mesh "tame" forum at www.hexus.net
However be advised that as far as mesh are concerned over this they are right, you are wrong!

Note: I will not add anymore as it will only be slanderous towards mash pc's!!

Ask a Question